It's June 22 and 18 of the first 21 days in the month in the NYC metro area have included rain, so it's not stretch to think the dark cloud that hangs over the Mets may very well continue through the end of the month.
That's why this week is suicide week; at the end of this week if you're a Mets fan you may contemplate suicide.
There are a number of factors that bring me to this conclusion including:
- Carlos Beltran will have an MRI today. Expect a press conference at 4 pm announcing he'll have season ending surgery.
- Ken Takahashi is currently poised to take over the 8th inning role in the bullpen.
- David Wright is thinking about going 2 for 50 for the rest of the month.
- Brian Schneider is arguably the Mets best power hitter
- Albert Pujols and his magic stick are coming to town.
- The Yankees are coming after the Cardinals.
- The Mets get to face the best pitcher in baseball right now, Chris Carpenter.
- There's no way the Phillies can keep losing like this.
- Rain is in the forecast practically every day this week.
- Daniel Murphy is looking more like Ty Wigginton than we originally thought.
- Bobby Parnell is giving me nightmares of Scott Schoeneweiss