With his win over Alexander Gustafsson at UFC 165, Bones surpassed Tito Ortiz's UFC light heavyweight record with a sixth consecutive title defense inside the organization. A seventh on Saturday would put Jones in third across all divisions and only three behind record-holder Anderson Silva.
Challenging Jones this weekend will be Glover Teixeira. The Brazilian has gone 5-0 since joining the UFC roster and will be one of the heaviest hitters the champion has faced.
In addition to the 205-pound championship bout, UFC 172 will feature another light heavyweight contest between Top 15 contenders Phil Davis and Anthony Johnson. The bout will mark Johnson's return to the Octagon. Rumble was released following a January 2012 loss to Vitor Belfort after missing weight multiple times.
Also, middleweight contenders Luke Rockhold and Tim Boetsch will look to take big steps toward a shot at the 185-pound championship.
Here is how MMA fans can watch every portion of the UFC 172 fight card.
UFC 172 Main Card (10 p.m. ET on pay-per-view)
- Jon Jones vs. Glover Teixeira
- Phil Davis vs. Anthony Johnson
- Luke Rockhold vs. Tim Boetsch
- Jim Miller vs. Yancy Medeiros
- Max Holloway vs. Andre Fili
Click here to watch UFC 172 on UFC.com.
UFC 172 Prelims (8 p.m. ET on Fox Sports 1)
- Joseph Benavidez vs. Tim Elliott
- Takanori Gomi vs. Isaac Vallie-Flagg
- Jessamyn Duke vs. Bethe Correia
- Danny Castillo vs. Charlie Brenneman
Click here for more information on how to watch Fox Sports 1 on your television.
UFC 172 Early Prelims (7:30 p.m. ET on UFC Fight Pass)
- Chris Beal vs. Patrick Williams
Click here to sign up for UFC Fight Pass.