The most decorated 205-pound fighter in UFC history, Jones is coming off his most grueling defense. Teixeira has not lost since 2005 and poses serious threats to his reign.
Light heavyweights Phil Davis and Anthony Johnson are set for the co-main event, as each man tries to throw his name into the mix for title contention.
Eight other bouts will occur when the card gets under way on Saturday, and all fighters successfully made weight on Friday afternoon
UFC 172 Weigh-In Results
- UFC Light Heavyweight Championship: Jon Jones (205) vs. Glover Teixeira (205)
- Phil Davis (205) vs. Anthony Johnson (205.5)
- Luke Rockhold (185.5) vs. Tim Boetsch (185.5)
- Jim Miller (155) vs. Yancy Medeiros (155.5)
- Max Holloway (145) vs. Andre Fili (145)
- Joseph Benavidez (125.5) vs. Tim Elliot (125.5)
- Takanori Gomi (155.5) vs. Isaac Vallie-Flagg (155.5)
- Jessamyn Duke (135.5) vs. Bethe Correia (135)
- Danny Castillo (156) vs. Charlie Brenneman (155.5)
- Chris Beal (135) vs. Patrick Williams (135)