Real Madrid Cantera: Five Players To Look Out For
As I have already mentioned in my previous article about the Real Madrid Cantera, many good young players have previously left the club due to the club's bad youth policy, but not all the good players have left and some new players have also recently joined the Cantera. Below are the few players still in Real Madrid's Cantera that are worth noticing:
1. Antonio Adan
- Team: Real Madrid Castilla
- Age: 22
- Position: Goalkeeper
The captain of Real Madrid Castilla (Reserves) was also the captain of the U19 Spanish Squad which won the European Championships in 2006. Although only 22, Adan shows promise and is considered by coaches as better than Iker Casillas (at his age) which is a major compliment in itself. Although he will never make it as the first choice keeper as Casillas for now is one of the best in the world, I expect him to easily make the bench or maybe a good team will find him as soon as he gets a few chances in the first team.
2. Pablo Sarabia
- Team: Real Madrid Juvenil B
- Age: 17
- Position: Striker/Left Winger
Pablo Sarabia is a free scoring striker and is considered one of the most talented players in Spain let alone the RM Cantera. Arsene Wenger has tried twice in the previous year—and failed twice—in his attempts to bring him to Arsenal, When Arsene Wenger comes looking for you at the age of 16 that means you must have done something good. Proving that Arsene has great eye for talent, Sarabia was selected as the best player in the recently concluded Mundalito.
3. Alipio Duarte Brandao
- Team: Real Madrid Juvenil A/Real Madrid C/Real Madrid Castilla
- Age: 17
- Position: Striker
Considered as little Ronaldo (the Brazilian one), Alipio has impressed many while playing for Real Madrid C and was promoted to Real Madrid Castilla, which shows the quality of the young Brazillian. Alipio is a good finisher and is known for his on the ball skills, Alipio was bought from Rio Ave the previous summer.
4. Derik Osede
- Team: Real Madrid Cadeta A
- Age: 15
- Position: Central Defensive Midfielder
Derik Osede is a Spanish U16 international, and coaches at Madrid have already placed a lot of hope in him. Osede is a good physical player and is a decent distributor of the ball, much like Jay Emmanuel-Thomas of Arsenal. Derik is also good in the air and has a good shooting ability from range.
5. Samuel Saiz Alonso
- Team: Real Madrid Juvenil A
- Age: 18
- Position: Striker
Samuel is a quality striker and is considered as the future of Real Madrid. Samuel is a proven goal scorer, scoring 117 goals in a season in the Benjamin category—then in 2006 he scored over 50 goals and became the all-time leading scorer for Real Madrid's youth teams.
- In the article picture: Antonio Adan
- Video of Antonio Adan making saves was not available although there were videos of his warm up!
- The scorer of the second Real Madrid goal is Pablo Sarabia.
- Although Samuel Saiz has scored many goals not many videos are available. Even though his fan site is samuelsaiz9.com but he is the one wearing the number 10 jersey. The video included is his debut match for RM Castilla.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?