Real MadridDownload App

Real Madrid Transfer News and Rumours Tracker: Week of April 21

Samuel MarsdenFeatured ColumnistApril 23, 2014

Real Madrid Transfer News and Rumours Tracker: Week of April 21

1 of 4

    Martin Meissner

    After last week's Copa del Rey success, it's still possible for Real Madrid to win the treble with their current crop of players—an achievement that would include La Decima, their 10th European Cup.

    However, even if they do, they are still likely to be involved in the transfer market this summer.

    Reports about possible moves are already gathering pace in various media outlets across Europe, and Carlo Ancelotti, it seems, is set to give his squad a small lick of paint regardless of how successfully their season ends.

    The following slides will keep you updated with the possible comings and goings at the Bernabeu.

     

    Last update: Wednesday, Apr. 23 

Benzema Out, Suarez In?

2 of 4

    Michael Regan/Getty Images

    Wednesday, Apr. 23

    The Daily Express, citing "reports in Italy," have suggested that Real Madrid still maintain an interest in Liverpool's Luis Suarez.

    It is claimed Carlo Ancelotti would consider letting French international Karim Benzema leave the club in order to create space and funds to launch a bid for the free-scoring Uruguayan international.

    Arsenal are put forward as the destination for Benzema.

    Liverpool are on track for the Premier League title, though. What's more, with Champions League qualification for next season already assured, signing Suarez this summer will prove even more difficult than it did during the last one:

    Florentino Perez is said to be enamoured with the idea of having Suarez join Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale in one of the most fearsome forward lines ever assembled.

    Real know that Suarez will not come cheap however, and appreciate that they will need to offer an enormous fee to even tempt Liverpool after Suarez fired them into title contention this season. 

Fabio Coentrao

3 of 4

    Denis Doyle/Getty Images

    Wednesday, Apr. 23

    A new club has joined the list of those linked with acquiring the services of Real Marid left-back Fabio Coentrao.

    Inter Milan.

    Tutto Mercato (via Football Espana) have reported that Coentrao's agent, Jorge Mendes, met with Inter president Erick Thohir this past week.

    Madrid would apparently be willing to let the Portuguese international at last flee the Bernabeu this summer. Liverpool, Manchester United and Juventus have also shown interest, according to the article. 

Hakan Calhanoglu

4 of 4

    Malte Christians

    Wednesday, Apr. 23

    Hamburg's Hakan Calhanoglu is attracting the interest of both Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid, according to the player's father.

    The 20-year-old playmaker has been one of the bright sparks in a season which has been narrated by a relegation battle, and the Turkish international's form has not gone unnoticed in Spain.

    Huseyin Calhanoglu told AS (via Football Espana):

    We have accepted an offer from Hamburg for a renewal until 2018. But right now we’ve got 10 different clubs all interested in Hakan—and Atletico are one of them.

    Even Real Madrid have spoken to my son’s representative, Bektas Demirtas. But we’ll have to think about that in the summer.

    Barca? No, there’s been nothing from them. 

Where can I comment?

Stay on your game

Latest news, insights, and forecasts on your teams across leagues.

Choose Teams
Get it on the App StoreGet it on Google Play

Real-time news for your teams right on your mobile device.

Download
Copyright © 2017 Bleacher Report, Inc. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. All Rights Reserved. BleacherReport.com is part of Bleacher Report – Turner Sports Network, part of the Turner Sports and Entertainment Network. Certain photos copyright © 2017 Getty Images. Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of Getty Images is strictly prohibited. AdChoices