About this time of year, SEC fans start to melt at the prospect of 90+ degree temperatures outside and the thought of another six weeks until football begins.
A few days ago, I pondered some questions for the ACC. Now, it is time to ponder the most important questions of the offseason in college football's premier conference, the SEC.
Florida comes in as the clear favorite to win the conference, but the West looks like it is wide open. Also, we have some new coaches too that will be looking to turn around once proud programs.
1. The rosters say "yes", history says "no"; will the Gators repeat as national champs in 2009?
2. Is Ole Miss for real or will Nutt crack under the expectations?
3. UGA plays three BCS non-conference games (Oklahoma State, Arizona State, Georgia Tech). How many do they win with a new QB and RB?
4. Will Alabama build on a surprising 2008 season and make 2009 even better with an SEC title?
5. Will LSU's defense rebound enough under new DC John Chavis to win the West?
6. Will Steve Spurrier be able to settle on a QB for an entire season?
7. Will Arkansas go bowling with Michigan transfer Ryan Mallet at QB?
8. Which is more likely, Lane Kiffin as SEC Coach of the Year or getting beat by 50 at Florida?
9. How many wins will Miss State’s get in year one under new head coach Dan Mullen?
10. Will Gene Chizik look like he did at Iowa State or like he did as the DC at Auburn in 2004?
What are your thoughts?