Here are the recently announced Heineken Cup Pools for next year.
Edinburgh have a pool that could prove difficult with both Bath and Stade Francais, but as Glasgow showed, Bath and French clubs are nothing to be feared.
Ulster could be a force if their new coach gets them ticking and Ravenhill will always be a tricky away fixture.
Meanwhile, Glasgow have a pool that has a pair of recent strugglers who have failed to return on their promise—much like Glasgow and the Dragons.
Lineen’s men could be in with a shout, but with the standards narrowing every year, nothing can be taken for granted at this stage. I would question the BBC’s assertion that it is “joy” for the Scottish teams, though. And what’s this, Shuggy, a new nickname for Hugo?
Heineken Cup Pools for 2009/10
- Pool 1: Munster, Perpignan, Northampton, Treviso
- Pool 2: Biarritz, Gloucester, Dragons, Glasgow
- Pool 3: Leicester, Ospreys, Clermont, Viadana
- Pool 4: Bath, Stade Francais, Ulster, Edinburgh
- Pool 5: Toulouse, Cardiff Blues, Sale, Harlequins
- Pool 6: Leinster, London Irish, Scarlets, Brive
If you are looking for info on the Scotland U20s match vs England, you can find a report here. I'm pretty sure there is no other coverage or else it would be on this page. If it’s anything like the U20 Six Nations match, it might have been uncomfortable viewing.