Inter Milan Transfer News and Rumours Tracker: Week of February 10

Adam DigbyFeatured ColumnistFebruary 10, 2014

Inter Milan Transfer News and Rumours Tracker: Week of February 10

0 of 7

    Michael Regan/Getty Images

    After a quiet seven days last week, there has been a quick raft of updates on Monday regarding a number of potential summer transfers. Inter are rebuilding, but their fans demand results which could force the club to speed up the process.

    On the following pages, you'll find all the latest news on players who could well be wearing the Nerazzurri shirt next season.

    *UPDATED FRIDAY FEBRUARY 14*

Inter Also Chasing Patrice Evra?

1 of 7

    Mike Hewitt/Getty Images

    After drawing very close to signing Nemanja Vidic (full details of which follow here in a later slide), Inter are now also believed to be chasing his Manchester United team-mate Patrice Evra.

    Gianluca Di Marzio revealed the Nerazzurri had scouts present for the game against Arsenal on Wednesday evening, with the Frenchman under close observation. Writing on his own website, the Italian transfer expert said the Milan-based club are keen to offer a deal when his contract at Old Trafford expires this summer.

Diego Milito Doesn't Want to Leave

2 of 7

    Valerio Pennicino/Getty Images

    Diego Milito is another Inter player who's contract expires this summer, but the striker has no desire to leave the club. After being linked with both Arsenal and West Ham (h/t GuardianSport), he spoke to reporters on Thursday and expressed his wish to remain in Milan.

    “After a year out and at 34 years old it’s not easy,” Milito told the gathered members of the media (h/t FootballItalia). “But I am convinced that I can still offer this squad a lot and I will do my best until the end.

    “Doing my talking on the pitch is the only way, I need to work very hard. I want to be fit and help the team. I’m going to do all I can for the shirt, then we’ll see what happens."

New Signing Hernanes "Crucial" for Inter

3 of 7

    Antonio Calanni/Associated Press

    Inter President Erick Thohir believes Hernanes will be a vital component of Walter Mazzarri's side as the season continues. The Brazilian joined from Lazio late last month and the club owner says he will make a real difference.

    “I believe the addition of Hernanes has been crucial,” Thohir told La Gazzetta dello Sport. “I’m delighted with the win last weekend.

    “The lad has the ability to spread the game, but also find tight spaces in the middle of the park. He’s a player who can play with both feet and can certainly be the difference for us going forward."

Patrick Olsen Moves to Stromsgodset

4 of 7

    Damian Strohmeyer/Associated Press

    Patrick Olsen has been sent on loan to Stromsgodset for the remainder of the 2013-14 season. The Danish midfielder was part of the first team squad during preseason but the Inter website reveal has now moved to the Norwegian club.

    "I'm ready for Stromsgodset," the 19-year-old said at a press conference on Tuesday. "It will be an exciting adventure."

Branca Leaves Inter Meaning Changes Ahead

5 of 7

    Claudio Villa/Getty Images

    Inter have officially parted company with technical director Marco Branca after President Erick Thohir blamed him for the failed attempt to swap Fredy Guarin for Mirko Vucinic.

    Amid vocal fan protests, the unpopular Branca saw his contract terminated by mutual consent on Saturday morning.

    A statement on the official club website announced the move, confirming that sporting director Piero Ausilio would take charge of transfer policy which should remove some of the uncertainty which has blighted the club over recent months.

Fernando Will Not Renew Porto Contract

6 of 7

    David Ramos/Getty Images

    The agent of Porto midfielder Fernando has confirmed the player will not renew his contract with the Portuguese side.

    The 26-year-old is a free agent in June and has been linked with a move to Inter after an impressive run of form.

    “Fernando will not extend his current contract, “Joca Reges told Maisfutebol (h/t FootballItalia). “He wants to play in a higher League.”

    Fernando’s current deal ends in June, meaning he will be available on a Bosman in the summer.

Inter Admit Vidic 'Is a Great Opportunity'

7 of 7

    Scott Heppell/Associated Press

    After Nemanja Vidic announced he would not be renewing his contract with Manchester United this summer, Ausilio confirmed the Nerazzurri are interested in bringing the defender to the club.

    “Vidic is an important player whose contract expires in June. Like other European clubs, we will try to get something from this great opportunity,” Ausilio told Tuttosport (h/t Football Italia).

    He went on to say why the 32-year-old would be a good fit for Inter when he becomes a free agent in the summer:

    He is one of the players we are tracking. He has an interesting profile for Inter, as he has charisma and international experience.

    We will probably lose some players in his role because their contracts are up, so he is someone we are trying to pay attention to.