Chelsea captain John Terry is back among the headlines on Wednesday as he considers his future and a potential new deal at the club.
But the former England defender has also insisted that a return to the international arena is not on the cards for him.
Swansea sacked manager Michael Laudrup on Tuesday night, and the fall-out is widely reported in the back pages on Wednesday morning.
But who else is making the headlines on Wednesday? Read on to find out more.
Chelsea captain John Terry is mulling over a new deal at the club, reports Neil Ashton of the Daily Mail.
The defender has been a mainstay of the team this season following the return of Jose Mourinho to the club in the summer.
However, John Cross of the Daily Mirror claims any return to the England fold ahead of the World Cup finals is not part of Terry's thinking.
While Terry's immediate future at the club looks secure, the same cannot be said for Ashley Cole, and Ashton uses his Daily Mail column to question whether an Arsenal return is on the cards.
Meanwhile, Rob Beasley of The Sun (subscription required) claims Mourinho is targeting Diego Costa, Mario Mandzukic and Edinson Cavani for a summer move to Stamford Bridge.
Swansea City sacked manager Michael Laudrup on Tuesday evening amid a poor run of Premier League results.
But John Cross of the Daily Mirror claims that the decision by Swans chairman Huw Jenkins came amid dressing-room rows, cliques and a lack of discipline.
Jenkins was also angered by Laudrup's decision to give the squad two days off after the defeat at West Ham at the weekend, claims the report.
Cross says the club are now considering a move for Everton assistant manager Graeme Jones and Brighton boss Oscar Garcia, as Swansea star Garry Monk takes charge on a temporary basis.
Jenkins is quoted by the Mirror as saying:
It is the first time in nearly 10 years that the club has parted with a manager in this way, but we had to remove the constant uncertainty surrounding the club and Michael’s long-term future with us.
I had a meeting with Michael today in a final attempt to support him and establish a way to improve the work of the backroom team to secure the results we need over the final 14 Premier League games.
However, after thinking long and hard about the best way forward, I felt it was unlikely we would achieve a stable environment at the club to allow us to get back to basics and produce the performance levels that have served Swansea City so well over the last few years.
Now we need to put that uncertainty behind us and move forward as a united football club on all fronts, while placing on record our gratitude to Michael for the work he has done over the last 18 months and wish him well for the future.
Arsenal's pursuit of Schalke midfielder Julian Draxler throughout last month was one of the ongoing stories during the transfer window.
And now the Gunners have been granted hope that the Germany international could still be set for a move to the Emirates Stadium in the summer, according to Nick Lustig of the Daily Star.
Lustig quotes Schalke chairman Clemens Tonnies as saying a move to Bayern Munich can be ruled out "100 percent."
Draxler himself has spoken about the interest in him during the January transfer window in the same article:
The fact is, (Schalke sporting director) Horst Heldt had offers for me this winter.
I'm happy about that. On the other hand, it shows the respect I enjoy at this club, even if Heldt refuses without me being asked.
I wasn't too aware of everything that was going on in the media because I was concentrating on getting back to fitness.
Of course I wasn't completely unaware of everything that was being said but I know the truth of the story so I didn't let it drive me crazy.
Meanwhile, Arsenal have opened fresh contract negotiations with Bacary Sagna to keep the defender at the club, reports John Cross of the Daily Mirror.
Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge claims Chelsea lacked belief in him during his time at Stamford Bridge, reports Jack Wilson of the Daily Star.
The England international has been in sparkling form for the Reds this season, but is quoted in the article as saying:
I was never sure if I'd play as a striker [at Chelsea] because people didn't believe in me.
I was often asked to play in a different position and to do a job for the team but, having been a striker and then being asked to just flick a switch and play on the wing was always going to be difficult, because mentally you're going to play the way you always have and I play on instinct.
I think that now I'm just playing the way that I did as a kid but I'd never had the chance to do that.
Meanwhile, Liverpool supporters have been left angry after Arsenal reduced their allocation for the FA Cup fifth-round tie due to safety concerns, claims Alex Richards of the Daily Mirror.
Former Anfield midfielder Paul Ince claims his son, Thomas, rejected a move to Liverpool last month, according to another report by Richards in the Mirror.
The Reds missed out on Yevhen Konoplyanka last month, but will revive their interest in the Dnipro winger in the summer, claims Chris McKenna of the Daily Star.
Newcastle axed director of football Joe Kinnear after being left disappointed with the £19 million figure received from Paris Saint-Germain for Yohan Cabaye, claims Simon Bird in the Daily Mirror.
According to the report, Magpies owner Mike Ashley believes the club should have received a greater fee for the France midfielder during the transfer window.
Bird claims Ashley had been looking for £25 million for the player.
Kinnear was a controversial appointment last summer, but failed to sign a single major player during his tenure.
Manchester United midfielder Anderson claims manager David Moyes did not give him a chance at Old Trafford, reports Mike McGrath of The Sun (subscription required).
The Brazilian midfielder has joined Fiorentina on loan until the end of the season, but accepts the decision made by Moyes:
He (Moyes) gave me one chance or a half but not a lot.
He is the manager and I have to respect him. He treated me well and he has a lot of players. I have to play and have my chance. It is better for me at Fiorentina.
The manager wants me and has shown his trust, I can show him my football.
Meanwhile, United may have to withdraw from their proposed pre-season tour of the United States if they finish the season in a qualification place for the Europa League, reports Jeremy Cross of the Daily Star.
United are continuing to monitor Sporting midfielder William Carvalho, reports Adam Crafton of the Daily Mail.
Manchester City target Fernando has informed FC Porto he intends leaving the club in the summer, reports John Cross of the Daily Mirror.
Real Madrid are considering a move for Southampton head coach Mauricio Pochettino in the future, reports Sam Adams of the Daily Mirror.
Paris Saint-Germain are weighing up a £16.5 million move for Tottenham Hotspur goalkeeper Hugo Lloris in the summer, claims Ben Jefferson of the Daily Express.
Things lurch from bad to worse at Fulham, and after slipping to the foot of the Premier League at the weekend, the West London club were knocked out of the FA Cup by League One club Sheffield United on Tuesday.
And the position of head coach Rene Meulensteen is under threat, according to Sami Mokbel of the Daily Mail.