- Sunday’s game was a disappointing one. The Brewers were able to out—slug the Braves early in the game and were able to hand a 7—5 lead to Carlos Villanueva in the eighth inning. Coming into Sunday’s game, Carlos hadn’t given up a hit in his past nine innings or a run in his past 15. Unfortunately, that streak came to an end. Villanueva gave up three runs in the eighth and ultimately lost the game 8—7.
- Casey McGehee led off the ninth with a walk and instead of having Jason Kendall bunt, Ken Macha stayed true to his game and had Kendall swing away. The at—bat ended in a double play. Those of you hoping all these double plays will change Macca’s game, you’ll be waiting a long, long time.
- Manny Parra’s struggles continued. He gave up 5 earned runs in 5.2 innings. He actually did look better than he has of late, walking only two. And a couple of the hits he gave up were on pretty good pitches. I would include both of Chipper Jones home runs in that category.
- Braun hit two two—run homers. Mike Cameron added a two—run homer as well.
- Mat Gamel started every game of the Braves series. Thank you, Ken Macha.
- The Brewers beat the Braves Friday night behind a fine pitching performance by Yovani Gallardo and a three RBI night by Mat Gamel.
- The Brewers got their second straight shutout against the Braves Saturday behind Prince Fielder and his two homers. Jeff Suppan didn’t go as late into the game as one would have liked to see, but he also didn’t surrender any runs. We, as Brewers fans, will take it.
- More talk of rumored interest in JJ Hardy from the Red Sox. I just don’t see this happening. It would take Clay Buchholz plus for this to even be considered. Also, Escobar is far from Hardy’s level at this point.
- What should the Brewers do with Manny Parra? There is at least someone that thinks Manny will be better this season. This is why.
- My favorite Brewers blog (besides RFB of course) Miller Park Drunk has a blog about how to start a charcoal grill. Sad, but apparently necessary (shaking his head). Luckily we have Grillmaster Jared.
- Is Ryan Braun the most hated figure in Wisconsin sports history? Could be. Nice article, Scottage.
- Awesome. Check out the video of Dynamic Dean Rosko rocking the seventh innings stretch at Miller Park.
- Pirates players are not happy about Nate McLouth’s trade to the Braves. Man, Adam LaRoche is a huge whiney loser.
- Their fans aren’t happy either. Man, this all must make McCutchen feel great. No pressure either.