After failing to bring in Mirko Vucinic from Juventus, Internazionale could well be one of the busiest clubs in this final week of the transfer window.
That deal, along with a number of others, was covered in last week’s roundup.
This week, once again, we’ll bring you full coverage of all moves the Nerazzurri make ahead of the impending transfer deadline.
Erick Thohir and Walter Mazzarri are certainly keen to bring in reinforcements, and having missed out on a number of key targets, will hope for a much more successful final few days.
- UPDATED FRIDAY JANUARY 31 -
Inter midfielder Fredy Guarin took to Twitter on deadline day, blasting the club's treatment of him in recent weeks. In a note posted on his account, the player said;
“Inter, you put me up for sale without me ever saying to anyone that I wanted to leave, because I was comfortable and felt good at the club,” the midfielder has written today.
“I want clarity and respect for me, for the fans and for my agent. If I go away, the fans will always be in my heart because at Inter I have realised a dream and I have always received their respect and affection.
“If I stay, my strength will be put towards helping Inter to win.”
That was followed almost immediately by the news that Lazio midfielder Hernanes had left the Roman club's training ground in tears (as per FootballItalia). This was believed to be as a result of saying farewell to his team-mates ahead of moving to Inter, confirming their enquiries from earlier this month.
On Wednesday morning, details emerged of an attempt by Inter to take Manchester United winger Nani on loan.
The 27-year-old is clearly not part of David Moyes' first team plans and would be the high profile signing the Nerazzurri crave.
Writing on his own website, transfer expert Gianluca Di Marzio believes Inter already have an agreement with the player and are only awaiting confirmation from the Old Trafford club.
Galatasaray President Unal Aysal is confident his club can seal a deal with Inter for Andrea Ranocchia after the defender has fallen out of favour with coach Walter Mazzarri (as was explained here this week). With that in mind, the Turkish side's owner told journalists they are discussing a move (as per FootballItalia);
"Today our manager Roberto Mancini asked us for Andrea Ranocchia. We are in negotiations with Inter and the player. We’re trying to reach an agreement and it would be strange if we didn’t find it at the end of the day.”
Meanwhile, Gianluca Di Marzio believes Inter refused an offer from Borussia Dortmund for Mateo Kovacic. Writing on his own website, the transfer expert states the club are not looking to sell the talented midfielder.
With Erick Thohir’s insistence that Inter already own too many players, according to Vivanews via Ben Gladwell of ESPN FC, exits appear inevitable.
Striker Ishak Belfodil will seemingly be the next man to leave.
The 22-year-old has made just eight appearances—including seven as a substitute—since his summer move from Parma, and Gianluca Di Marzio believes a move to England is now certain. After talks with QPR broke down, the transfer expert wrote on his own website that a deal with West Brom is close to completion.
The former Roma striker has been suspended by the Premier League club following a training ground incident involving team-mate Jose Fonte, and the Nerazzurri are looking to bring him back to Serie A.
Per Alex Crook of The Mirror, the 28-year-old has also been linked with Juventus in recent weeks.
Inter have been continually linked with a move for Brazilian playmaker Hernanes, but Lazio’s Claudio Lotito warned on Sunday that he will not come cheap.
When asked by Mediaset about a €17 million proposal from the Nerazzurri, the president of the Rome-based club laughed off the suggestion, via Football Italia:
Hernanes is a great player and a great talent, therefore Lazio do not have him on the market. They can buy his left foot for that. We are talking about a player who is not for sale.
Inter are reported to have met with Torino on Monday to discuss the possibility of Danilo D’Ambrosio joining the Nerazzurri this week.
The Milanese club's Sporting Director Marco Branca met with Granata President Urbano Cairo and Gianluca Di Marzio insists they have an agreement on the full-back. Writing on his own website, the transfer expert said that the deal is likely to include a number of youth sector players in exchange.
According to Di Marzio, Matteo Colombi and Marco Benassi will join to Torino as D'Ambrosio moves in the opposite direction. The 25-year-old is out of contract this summer and is long believed to have agreed to move to Inter this summer.