20 Questions for Miami Dolphins' Prodigal Jason Taylor
June 5, 2009
1. So what is it about this relationship with Parcells/Ireland/Sparano that makes it work this time, as opposed to 12 months ago?
2. How much fence-mending was required to smooth things over for a return? And who wound up doing more of the mending?
3. Looking back now on how everything played out in the months to follow, was “Dancing With the Stars” still a good move?
4. Your Redskins tenure was marked by injury and time in an unfamiliar position, interspersed with flashes of the old Jason. How would you describe your time in Washington?
5. According to reports, you took a $7 million hit to obtain your freedom from the Redskins. The typical fan tells himself he could “suffer” for the $7 million. How difficult was it to leave money like that on the table?
6. Various reports also had you in talks with the Patriots, which obviously would have created a huge uproar in South Florida. How close was that from becoming a reality?
7. Were there any other teams that you would have been willing to play for?
8. How strange was it to walk into the Dolphins’ training facility on that first day back? Or did it even feel strange to you?
9. For a decade you and Zach Thomas were the faces of the Dolphins defense. Then you and Zach left during the same offseason. Now you’re back and he’s in Kansas City. Tough to look across this locker room and not find him there?
10. Was there anything you learned in Washington that you now put to use coming back to the Dolphins?
11. You’re now on the roster as an outside linebacker. Could you play defensive end in this 3-4 system, or does that require a different body type?
12. You’re also penciled in as Matt Roth’s backup. The prevailing line of thinking has you as a pass-rush specialist, with Roth handling first and second downs. Or would your role be broader than that?
13. You’ve always had your best games when you’ve had the flexibility to shift around, anyway. Could we see you and Roth on the field at the same time? What about you and Roth and Joey Porter?
14. What improvement have you seen from Roth in the year you were away?
15. What have you found to be the biggest difference in the organization under Parcells & Co. as compared to the management by Cameron/Mueller, Nick Saban, and Dave Wannstedt?
16. You’re working on a one-year deal. At age 34, is football now a year-to-year decision?
17. Could you ever see yourself walking away from the game and then getting a serious itch to get back in, as we’ve seen with the Brett Favre chronicles?
18. Not to chase you out of the NFL yet, but how soon until we see Jason Taylor on the big screen? Could you do a small role in the offseason, or after the “Dancing” saga is that fully on the back burner until football’s over?
19. The obvious Hollywood comparison is made between you and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. Have you had the chance to speak with him about making the transition from sports to showbiz? Any other brains you’ve tried to pick?
20. Name the actor/actress that would prompt you to work for peanuts just for the chance to share the stage. Why?
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?