Juventus Transfer News and Rumours Tracker: Week of January 13
Juventus enter the new year well clear at the top of Serie A and almost inevitably heading for their third successive Scudetto.
The Bianconeri are always alive in the transfer market though, and it appears as if there will be movement this month.
Talk has already gathered a pace of potential deals for the upcoming summer window.
Here are the latest news and rumours.
Updated Jan. 17
Juve Interested in Jorginho and Iturbe of Verona
Beppe Marotta has met with Verona director Sean Sogliano to discuss a potential deal for star players Juan Manuel Iturbe and Jorginho.
Hellas have been the surprise package of Serie A this season and both players have been key to the success of Andrea Mandorlini's side.
Jorginho would be a replacement, long-term, for Andrea Pirlo as the side's regista, while Iturbe would enable Conte to better transform the side into playing with a 4-3-3 formation.
Morata Deal Unlikely
Any deal for Alvaro Morata appears to be improbable after director Beppe Marotta revealed the difficulty behind such a deal.
After rumours that the Bianconeri were interested in the Spanish starlet (via Football Italia), Marotta quelled any talk by describing a deal as "unreachable."
The 21-year-old has scored 12 goals in 11 games for Spain's under-21 side, while also scoring twice for Real Madrid this season.
Pogba Not for Sale
Paul Pogba is not for sale, with Beppe Marotta finally publicly stating the club's intention to keep their highly coveted midfielder.
Marotta told reporters this week (via Football Italia), "we know his value and we are not going to sell him anyway."
This statement comes amid interest from PSG, who are reported to be keen on bringing the Parisien youngster back to the French capital.
Pogba has been sensational since Manchester United foolishly failed to come to terms for a new deal for the player, and the French international's value has soared ever since.
Quagliarella Not Going Anywhere
Fabio Quagliarella is not going anywhere, that is according to his agent, Giuseppe Bozzo.
Quagliarella had been heavily linked with a January move to Lazio, but Bozzo has denied any deal will take place.
He told reporters this week (via Football Italia), "there is no intention from Juventus to sell Quagliarella."
Furthermore, Bozzo clarified the player's desire, insisting, "Quagliarella doesn’t want to leave Juventus."
Seemingly that will end any chance of a move away this month for the Italian forward.
Torino Deny Cerci Departure Rumours
Reports linked the Granata star with Inter, Juve and Milan, amongst others, but Cairo has said that the Azzurri international will stay this month.
"Alessio has been with us for some time, and so, for me, he is not for sale," Cairo clarified.
But the Toro chief went further, reiterating, "I won’t put a price on him because at the moment he is not for sale."
Marchisio Frustrated with Time on the Bench
Claudio Marchisio has expressed his frustration at sitting on the bench.
Il Principino has fallen out of the starting line-up due to the rise of Paul Pogba, but after a great impact from the bench against Cagliari, whereby the 27-year-old scored a stunning long-range goal, Antonio Conte may consider a recall.
Marchisio spoke to Sky Sport Italia, admitting: "the bench is never easy to accept, but everyone wants to make a contribution."
Whether Conte can find a way of shoehorning this Juventino alongside Andrea Pirlo, Arturo Vidal and Pogba is unclear though.
Sassuolo Still Keen to Sign De Ceglie
Alessandro Longhi has been doing a fine job on the right side of the midfield up to this point, while Reto Ziegler is pushing hard for starts all the start.
Whether De Ceglie should be a priority for the Serie A newcomers is another thing, but that experience and winning mentality, that he has from playing for the champions, could prove invaluable in Sassuolo's bid to avoid relegation.
Lazio Table Quagliarella Bid
Fabio Quagliarella's time in Turin appears to be coming to an end, with the former Napoli striker's playing time limited even more this season.
Fernando Llorente and Carlos Tevez arrived this summer, and both of whom, in addition to Mirko Vucinic, find themselves ahead of the 30-year-old.
The report also details the wages that will be offered to Quagliarella, with the Aquile offering €1.5 million per year over a four-year deal.
Pirlo Deal Already Signed
Andrea Pirlo has reportedly already put pen to paper on a new deal with the Bianconeri.
Gazzetta dello Sport (via Football Italia) report that Juventus will wait until next month to make it official, but a two-year extension is already secure to extend Pirlo's stay beyond three years.
A salary of €4 million per year has been agreed, and now, just the smaller details remain to be agreed upon before the news can be made public.
Moyes Wants to Submit Offer for Vidal and Pogba
David Moyes' visit to Sardinia on Sunday to take in Cagliari vs. Juventus was a scouting mission to get a close-up on Juve's star midfielders Arturo Vidal and Paul Pogba, it has been reported.
The Daily Mail (via Football Italia) report that Moyes is prepared to bid for both the Chilean and the French midfielder, but Juve will be reluctant to even consider offers before the summer.
Pogba, despite previously playing for United, interests Moyes, with the British paper revealing that the Red Devils will match PSG's valuation of €50 million for the 20-year-old.
Further details emerged that Beppe Marotta even met with the Premier League champions' manager.