Here are the Lester’s Legends wide receiver rankings for the AFC & NFC Conference Championship Games of the 2013-14 NFL Playoffs.
1. Demaryius Thomas, Denver Broncos
Demaryius Thomas averaged 89.4 yards and 0.9 touchdowns during the regular season, including 41 yards and a score in the first meeting with the New England Patriots. He had 54 yards and a score in the playoff win over the San Diego Chargers. Thomas has a touchdown in three of four playoff games. He'll be a difficult cover, even for Aqib Talib.
2. Eric Decker, Denver Broncos
Eric Decker had just 32 yards against the Chargers but averaged 98.2 yards and 1.6 touchdowns in the last five games of the regular season. He only had five yards in the first meeting with the Pats, but I expect a much heavier workload in this one.
3. Julian Edelman, New England Patriots
Julian Edelman averaged 92.7 yards and 0.7 touchdowns in the last six games of the regular season. He remained hot in the playoffs with 84 yards against the Indianapolis Colts. Edelman caught nine balls for 110 yards and a pair of scores against the Broncos. He'll be a difficult cover once again.
4. Anquan Boldin, San Francisco 49ers
Anquan Boldin and Michael Crabtree have alternated being Colin Kaepernick's favorite target in the two playoff games. Boldin had eight catches for 136 yards against the Carolina Panthers. I expect Kaepernick to lean on Boldin again due to his physical style.
5. Michael Crabtree, San Francisco 49ers
Michael Crabtree had 125 yards against the Green Bay Packers in the Wild Card Round and 26 yards against the Panthers. I expect he'll have closer to the latter against the Seahawks.
6. Wes Welker, Denver Broncos
Wes Welker returned with 38 yards and a touchdown. He was held to 31 yards in the first meeting with New England. He's a bit risky because he only topped 70 yards five times this year, with the last one coming on November 17th. If he doesn't score, you could be stuck with a mediocre day.
7. Danny Amendola, New England Patriots
Danny Amendola wasn't great during the regular season, but he showed up big in the playoffs with 77 yards against the Colts. He had just 17 yards against the Broncos, but I expect he'll have a bigger thumbprint on this one.
Also check out:
- 2013-14 Conference Championship Round Fantasy Football QB Rankings
- 2013-14 Conference Championship Round Fantasy Football RB Rankings
- 2013-14 Conference Championship Round Fantasy Football TE Rankings
- 2013-14 Conference Championship Round Fantasy Football DEF Rankings
- 2013-14 Conference Championship Round Fantasy Footballl K Rankings