Milwaukee Brewers In the News (6/3)
Tuesday’s Game: Marlins 10, Brewers 3
Record: 30-22, 1st Place
Uggh…this game was Ugly. Manny Parra gave up 10 runs in only four innings! What is the matter with this kid?
At least newcomer Mike Burns pitched four scoreless frames, and Corey Hart hit a home run in garbage time.
• Riske is having Tommy John surgery and that might be all for Riske’s career as a Brewer. We might get a little Riske next summer, if we’re lucky. Otherwise it’s been a waste of money, and I really wanted to like Riske.
• Ken Macha will be on Jim Rome’s radio show today.
• Tyler did a nice job on the Julio news and subsequent Burns news, so I’m not going to link much on that but:
• Tyler eats a little crow about being wrong on Julio. It’s OK, Tyler, more than just you were wrong.
• The Chicago Sun-Times believes the Brewers pen is in “disarray.” Oh yeah, because Hoffman, Villa, Coffey, and DiFelice are really hurting the team right now. I seriously laughed out loud at the headline.
• Should the Brewers look at Cliff Lee? As long as it isn’t Brad Penny.
• Brew Crew Ball lists some pitchers who might be attainable and asks who do you want? If we’re playing the “What if” game, I’d take Roy Halladay first, then Peavy, but only because you’d get more than a half of a year out of him, then Bedard.
• The Brewers have the second best TV audience. To be honest, most people are just tuning in for Davey Nelson.
• Miller Park Drunk talks to Al from Al’s Ramblings. Hey Miller Park Drunk, we’d do an interview with you!
Minor League News
• Taylor Green is settling in at Huntsville. Hopefully not for too long…
• Anyone going to the Timber Rattlers' Salute to Cows on Thursday?
NL Central News
• The NL Central is ranked as the third best division in baseball. Finally, some respect!
• Are you sick of “Go Cubs Go”? Check out this song and video.
• The Cubs’ big offseason acquisition has suffered a leg injury running out a ground ball. No word on how serious the injury is yet.
• And in case you’re wondering, here’s the state of the Cubs. It’s actually a very realistic post from a Cubs blog!
• In true Dusty Baker fashion, Edinson Volquez is back on the DL. Baker said “but I didn’t get to pitch him 135 pitches in a rehab start!”
• Hank Aaron is thinking of buying the Florida Panthers. With how few people watch baseball in Florida, I would be a little wary of buying a team there.
• Brewers are No. 2 on CBS Sports’ power rankings and are No. 5 on ESPN’s.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?