Updates on Jerry Lawler's Status After Trip to the Hospital

Joseph ZuckerFeatured ColumnistJanuary 6, 2014

MEMPHIS, TN - MAY 13:  Professional wrestler Jerry 'The King' Lawler address the fans prior to to Game Seven of the Western Conference Quarterfinals in the 2012 NBA Playoffs between the Memphis Grizzlies and the Los Angeles Clippers at FedExForum on May 13, 2012 in Memphis, Tennessee.  NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and or using this photograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement  (Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)
Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images

If you're planning on watching Raw on Monday, Jan. 6, don't expect to see Jerry Lawler at the announcer table.

SEScoops reported that "The King" was hospitalized after falling ill ahead of the show in Baltimore:

Breaking news coming out of Baltimore, Maryland – site of tonight’s WWE RAW.

WWE Hall of Famer Jerry “The King” Lawler has been hospitalized.

Lawler was vomiting and experiencing chest pains this afternoon and it quickly became clear he needed urgent medical attention.

The news comes from a reliable source who is backstage at RAW right now.

Kevin Cerrito of MemphiSport (via PW Mania) reported that Lawler is doing better and is feeling "fine."

Later in the evening WWE.com officially addressed the situation: 

Former star Iron Sheik was quick to offer his support on Twitter:

The concern for Lawler stems from the events of Sept. 10, 2012. During a live edition of Raw, Lawler collapsed at the announce table. Fans in attendance and watching at home had no idea what was happening, later finding out that "The King" had suffered a heart attack.

He returned to Raw in November, with his health scare played up by CM Punk.

Although this is encouraging news for Lawler, he may have to spend another extended period of time away from WWE. It's doubtful that his doctor will allow the WWE Hall-of-Famer to get back on the road so soon after a scare of this magnitude.