- Jorge Julio was pretty much terrible and single handily cost the Brewers the game. Julio gave up five runs, four earned and didn’t record an out.
Yes, especially since there are solid arms in Nashville.
- The Brewers are a home run hitting team. I thought everyone knew that. Why would you have a power hitting team start bunting and playing small ball? Yes, Ken Macha basically subscribes to the Billy Beane school of baseball, but he is also smart in playing a style of baseball that fits this Brewers team.
Some people don’t get that. Gosh, sure sucks the Brewers made the playoffs last year and are in first place currently. Yes, they will have cold streaks, but find me a “small ball” team that doesn’t?
- Macha was ready to defend the Brewers style of play though. He came prepared to Sunday’s press conference loaded with stats to back up his game. He’ll argue my Billy Beane comment though.
- Jared posted a link in yesterday’s news about a rumor that clubs are showing interest in trading for Corey Hart. There’s more talk today. I also don’t see it happening, though.
- Melvin says the rumors are “nonsense.” He’d say that whether they were true or not though.
- Man, The Doorman is getting all kinds of press this season. Jared is eating it up. At least that’s what Tyler says. I’m for it.
- Why does everyone seem to be “player hating” on the Brewers? Probably because they’re good. It’s like the pretty girl in middle school that all the other girls hate.
- Even with another Julio blowup, the Brewers bullpen has definitely been very solid.
- The next time Jared is driving you nuts at the game, calling you names and making fun of your teal jersey, you’ll be able to text the Brewers and get his sorry ass kicked out. Nice.
- Palm Bay, the largest city in Brevard County, is looking into building a minor-league stadium to lure a team to the city. The article mentions there is a team “available.” Could the Manatees someday move to Palm Bay?
- The Cubs are looking to turn things around at the start of a new month. This Brewers fan offers his explanation of why he thinks that will be difficult. Man, that would be nice to bury the Cubs.
- Dusty Baker likes his young team. It’s no fun over-working veterans, is it Dusty?
- Hall of Famer and former Milwaukee Brave Phil Niekro will appear at Fox Cities Stadium on June 12.
- How’s Ben Sheets doing? Who knows?
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!