UFC 168 was a fantastic card until the final 5 seconds of the main event.
UFC Middleweight Champion Chris Weidman defeated Anderson Silva, but not in a way we wanted to see. Silva threw a leg kick, Weidman checked it and Silva's leg snapped. The greatest of all-time laid there screaming in pain as the champion celebrated an odd victory.
Ronda Rousey was pushed into the third round, but she retained her title in dominant fashion. Tate landed many good shots in the fight, but Rousey landed more and repeatedly tossed her the mat. Eventually, the armbar came and Tate tapped out.
In spite of the sad ending the first 10 fights were fun.
UFC 168 Card
- UFC Middleweight Championship: Chris Weidman defeats Anderson Silva by TKO (injury) 1:16 of the second round
- UFC Women's Bantamweight Championship: Ronda Rousey defeats Miesha Tate via submission (armbar) at 0:58 of the third round
- Travis Browne defeats Josh Barnett by knockout at 1:00 of the first round
- Jim Miller defeats Fabricio Camoes via submission (armbar) at 3:42 of the first round
- Dustin Poirier defeats Diego Brandao by TKO at 4:54 of the first round
- Uriah Hall defeats Chris Leben by TKO at 5:00 of the first round
- Michael Johnson defeats Gleison Tibau by knockout at 1:32 of the second round
- Dennis Siver defeats Manny Gamburyan by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- John Howard defeats Siyar Bahadurzada by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- William Macario defeats Bobby Voelker by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Robbie Peralta defeats Estevan Payan by knockout at 0:12 of the third round