Weekly Record: 4-2
Current Record: 30-20
- Good first 50 games! Remember in April when fans were freaking out and two guys said they’ve given up on the team? Now WSSP had callers talking World Series? Again, it’s not even technically summer yet! That said, I am very happy with where the team stands.
- Lots and LOTS of happy people at Miller Park this weekend. Hope you were one of them!
- Brewers offense waking up. Was it because of the Remitees party?
- Strong bullpen anchored by Trevor Hoffman.
- Sweeping the Reds! ESPN Radio’s Freddie Coleman even said his pick for the weekend was the “Red Hot Reds," so feel good that the Brewers made Coleman sound foolish.
- In the past I’ve been tough on the guy, but Craig Counsell is playing out of his mind! Great job, Craigy!
- Manny Parra can’t win this year. He finally throws a decent game and still loses.
- Losing two at home against the Cardinals. They’re tough, but you always want to win the series at home.
This Week in Stats
Weekly ERA: 3.11 YTD: 3.98
Weekly BA: .224 YTD: .250
Weekly Opponents BA: .221 YTD: .239
Weekly Slugging Percentage: .352 YTD: .417
Weekly Fielding Percentage: .987 YTD: .984
Players of the Month:
Prince Fielder: It went slightly unnoticed in my opinion, but Prince had another great May! He had an amazing OBP—almost .450—9 Home Runs, 31 RBI, 20 Runs, with a .305 average. That’s a phenominal month, especially when you factor in that he lost his pal Rickie for the year.
Trevor Hoffman: It HAS to be Trevor. He was out the first month of the season and is already near the top of the saves leaders in the NL. He has been lights out, better than advertised, just amazing, etc…He has made the entire bullpen better and has energized the stadium with AC/DC in the 9th.
Watch out for:
Corey Hart usually has a very good June. June is when he has hit .306 (about 20 points higher than any other month) and slugs .583 (about 100 points better than any other month). Let’s go Corey!
Manny Parra had an amazing June last year (5-0 with a 2.59 ERA) and hopefully can replicate it this year!
I don’t want to jinx anything so I’ll just say that a certain Brewer has his career worsts in ERA and opponent batting average in June. So if he gets past June, things are really looking amazing for this man!
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!