Baltimore earns the victory thanks to six Justin Tucker field goals, outscoring the Lions 18-16 in a crushing home defeat for Detroit.
With the loss, the Lions fall to 7-7 and now sit in third place in the NFC North behind both Chicago and Green Bay.
Baltimore improves to 8-6 and within a game of AFC North-leading Cincinnati. They continue to hold the sixth seed in the AFC playoffs.
Some quick thoughts on the game:
- Matthew Stafford's erratic mechanics really cost the Lions in this one. He finished 18-of-34 with three interceptions.
- Justin Tucker was unquestionably the player of the game. 6-of-6 on field goals, including the game-winning 60-yarder.
- The Lions have now lost four of five despite being relatively healthy. There is no better word than "choke" to describe what this team has done.
- The Detroit defense played pretty well, preventing Baltimore from scoring a touchdown. Holding an opponent to 18 points should be good enough to win at home.
- Baltimore won the turnover battle three to zero. Another game with no takeaways for the Detroit defense.
- Detroit's only sack came from safety Glover Quin. Yet another disappointing output from the vaunted front four on defense.
The Lions host the Giants in Week 16 without control of their own playoff destiny. They will be favored over the 5-9 visitors from New York, but it's hard to forecast a victory after this latest depressing outing.