A Lights Out Interview
Shawne Merriman is a pivotal defensive player for the San Diego Chargers. After missing nearly all of 2008 when he opted to have season-ending knee surgery following Week One to repair two torn knee ligaments, Merriman returns in 2009.
The following are a list of questions I would like to ask the star linebacker at the start of training camp.
- Are you physically ready to take the field?
- What has this last year been like for you rehabbing your knee and being unable to help a Chargers' pass defense that ranked second-to-last in the NFL last season?
- Did you ever speak with members of the defensive unit to either try to pump them up or give them advice?
- If so, what would you tell them?
- Did you ever feel responsible for the defense's downfalls in 2008?
- In hindsight, should you have had your surgery immediately following the 2007 season?
- How eager are you to take the field now?
- Do you feel like since this is your contract year that you have something else to prove?
- What was your initial reaction to hearing the Chargers drafted another inside linebacker, Larry English, with their first-round selection?
- Do you see your knee being a hindrance at all anymore, or should fans expect to see the "Lights Out" dance more than ever?
- Do you have a specific number of sacks you'd like to reach this season?
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?