Julius Peppers isn't known as the most loquacious guy. He's gotten better with the media, but he tends to give off the vibe that, all things being equal, he'd just as soon be watching Conway Twitty concert videos in an endless loop with toothpicks holding his eyelids open as talking to you people.
Nevertheless, if there were any way to make him actually answer 10 questions these are what I would ask:
- You were a big part of the North Carolina basketball team (literally). Seriously, which sport do you like better: Basketball or football?
- Could you take Tony Gonzalez one-on-one?
- Is there anybody in the NBA who could move you off the block?
- You were a tremendously accomplished high school running back, despite your size. Do you ever wish you'd stayed at that position?
- You've long been known as a freakishly talented player. Do you think there's something you can do athletically that is actually underrated?
- Has it been good or bad to play your entire career, from high school on, in the Tar Heel state?
- What has been your favorite memory as an athlete? Least favorite?
- Fans in Charlotte have criticized your effort over the years. What would you like to say to those fans?
- Do you think you've lived up to your potential as a Panther?
- Now a lot of those same fans are upset because you appear to be quitting on the franchise. Why do you REALLY want to leave Carolina?
Then, I'd probably ask if I could be his friend, because Julius is hands down the largest human I've ever stood next to.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!