Thursday’s Game: OFF
Record: 27-20, Second Place
- Chris Capuano IS COMING BACK!!! Eventually. The southpaw has eliminated timetables, but looks to make an impact sometime before season’s end. I think many fans forget him when looking over the state of Milwaukee’s rotation.
- Fangraphs revisits the Gwynn/Gerut deal. The Brewers still win.
- Miller Park Drunk wonders where the love for Prince Fielder is.
- Brewers fans are drinking the all-star Kool-Aid, reports some Bleacher Report writer. This Brewers fan could care less about the all-star game as long as fan voting still exists.
- Windell Middlebrooks “The High Life Guy” will throw out the first pitch in Saturday’s game. Am I the only one who saw him on “Parks and Recreation” a few weeks back?
- I hate to say it, but this raises a good point. I love Milwaukee’s loyalty in fan voting… but fan voting in general keeps players with numbers like Raul Ibanez’s out of the mid-summer classic.
- CZWIEF says no to Jake Peavy. Agreed.
- Tim Seeman, not to be confused with the Tim Ceman RFB Johnny and I went to high school with, considers Dave Bush to be Milwaukee’s silent ace. Ace? Maybe not. Hell of a pitcher? No question.
- Sheffield’s House doesn’t see any Peavy deal in Milwaukee’s future – but possibly an Erik Bedard deal.
- Winks Thinks… something about Peavy.
- Bad news for the rest of the NL Central, Pirates catcher Ryan Doumit has been cleared to resume baseball activities.
- Good news for the rest of the NL Central, Carlos Zambrano has been suspended for six games after his tirade Wedneday.
- Richard Justice thinks the time for Houston to fire Cecil Cooper might be now.
- The Cubs are looking for hitting. WOW look at those big names!?!
- A hole tore in the universe Thursday when one former Brewers pitcher was optioned to the minors to make room for another. Cleveland sent down Zach Jackson and called up Tomo Okha – two guys I pull for. More HERE.
- Russell Branyan continues to tear the cover off the ball. Keep it up, Russ.
- Branyan’s GM Mariners-GM-Zduriencik-in-no-hurry-to-deal">Jack Zjeegfsgsfdslfjshfailk is in no hurry to trade away his team.
- Our guy Jack is featured at Beyond the Box Score. Keep those complicated, detailed and quality goodies coming.