During a tumultuous 2008 season, Browns wide receiver Braylon Edwards has been injured by a teammate, booed mercilessly by the fans at Cleveland Browns Stadium, was among the league leaders in dropped passes, and had many unprofessional blowups with the media. All of this culminated in an embarrassing 4-12 season, a new coaching staff, a new offense, and trade rumors. Going into the Eric Mangini era, "hope springs eternal" once again for myopic Browns fans as they look forward to another "Super Bowl" season.
Here are 16 questions (otherwise known as “The Sweet 16”) that I would ask Braylon before Game 1 against the Minnesota Vikings:
1. What was the most frustrating thing about last season in
2. How does Brian Daboll’s offensive playbook differ from Rob
3. Which quarterback do you want to win the starting job:
Derek Anderson or Brady Quinn?
4. Are you upset or disappointed that you didn’t get traded?
5. What is your response to critics who claim that your 2007 Pro
Bowl season was a fluke?
6. What do you attribute last year’s dropped passes to: a lack
of concentration or a lack of effort?
7. Does 5-Hour Energy Drink really work?
8. Do you really believe that Cleveland fans don’t like you
because you’re from Michigan?
9. Which fans are worse: Browns fans or Buckeye fans?
10. What was the reason for your roller-coaster relationship
with the Cleveland media?
11. How many consecutive seasons will Rich Rodriguez lose to
Jim Tressel? (Go Bucks!)
12. Are your hands made of stone or cement?
13. What were the first words out of your mouth when Donte
Stallworth stepped on your foot during training camp?
14. If you were a tree, what type of tree would you be?
15. Paper or Plastic? Oh, wait a minute…you don’t buy your
16. Will the Browns ever beat the Steelers? (I can dream,
Good luck this season Braylon! You're going to need it!