Joe Hart Transfer Rumours: Latest News on the Man City Star, Week of November 25
After two superb seasons which saw him help his side win an FA Cup and a Premier League title, Hart's form plummeted, culminating in his being dropped when his mistake against Chelsea a month ago cost City more points.
His replacement, Costel Pantilimon, isn't a long-term solution for City. Therefore, bringing in a goalkeeper during the January transfer window seems likely, meaning Hart's future is in doubt.
Here we take a look at all the rumours surrounding Hart throughout the week of November 25.
—LAST UPDATE: Friday, November 29—
No Date Set for Hart First-Team Return
Friday, November 29
With Manuel Pellegrini's assertion that Joe Hart is going nowhere in January, speculation about a move away has subsided considerably, however, the Express has today discussed comments from his manager regarding his return to the first XI.
Pellegrini said: "On Wednesday he'll start, then the next game we'll talk about who will start playing."
It seems Hart will have to wait before being considered first-choice again.
Stoke Chairman Rejects Claims
Wednesday, November 27
The chairman of Stoke City, Peter Coates, has moved to quash rumours that Asmir Begovic and Joe Hart are set to swap clubs.
According to The Stoke Sentinel, Coates said:
This latest story was certainly news to me and I suspect it is just a bit of speculation. That's my guess, anyway, and we have certainly had no approach.
He [Begovic] is a top goalkeeper, so this kind of thing is going to happen. We are just concerned that he concentrates on playing for us and doing what he has been doing up to now.
It is important we keep him for the rest of the season. It is an important season and he is a key player. He certainly hasn't made any noises.
A report by Alan Nixon in The Mirror earlier in the week had claimed that Hart was set to spend the rest of the season on loan at Stoke, with Begovic moving to City for £15 million.
Pellegrini Rules out January Hart Move
Tuesday, November 26
Contrary to yesterday's report by Alan Nixon in the The Mirror, which suggested Joe Hart could be loaned to Stoke City for the remainder of the season, Manuel Pellegrini has today ruled out any talk of his goalkeeper leaving in January.
Speaking at the press conference ahead of Wednesday's Champions League tie with Viktoria Plzen, Pellegrini said: "There is a lot of news about five, six, seven goalkeepers that we want to buy but they are not true. There is no chance that Joe Hart could go out of this squad in January."
Hart is set to start Wednesday night's match. With City already guaranteed a place in the last 16, it makes sense to give Hart an opportunity to impress in a game with little riding on it. A good performance would give Pellegrini a big decision to make for Sunday's Premier League match at home to Swansea.
All quotes obtained firsthand.
A Loan Move to Stoke?
Monday, November 25
The Mirror's Alan Nixon says Hart could be set to spend the remainder of the season on loan at Stoke, with Asmir Begovic moving in the opposite direction for £15 million.
With the World Cup looming, Hart wants first-team football to ensure his place in the England squad, and it's understood that City may be prepared to loan him out if they buy a replacement.
Begovic, who would be eligible for the Champions League, has performed consistently well for Stoke. It's believed City have been tracking him for some time.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!