While stars like Tony Romo and Marion Barber III get the spotlight, training camp is also about players like Manuel Johnson, the seventh-round draft choice who is just trying to make the team. Here are the interview questions I would ask Manuel Johnson:
- Your first mini-camp turned into a horror show when the practice facility came tumbling down. How are you and your fellow teammates dealing with the experience?
- What is it like catching balls from Tony Romo?
- A lot of attention has been paid to the Cowboys' wide receiver position this off season. How does it feel being the only draft choice at that position? How are you dealing with the pressure?
- You were on target for a breakout senior season at Oklahoma before your injury. What did you learn from the experience?
- There are few rivalries in college sports like the Texas-Oklahoma rivalry. Have you taken any flack from fellow receiver and Texas alumni Roy Williams?
- You played quarterback in high school. How does the experience of taking snaps from center help you at the wide receiver position?
- You've gone from a small East Texas town to one of the top college programs in the country and now to the Dallas Cowboys. How does it feel to have that star on your helmet?