If I Could Go One-on-One with Michael "The Burner" Turner
That's natural and it is expected. The quarterback gets and rightfully deserves the glory. However, the Falcons have another player who is just as important to the offense.
Michael "The Burner" Turner got his chance to shine in Atlanta and he took advantage of the opportunity in a big way.
Turner ran for over 200 yards in his first game with his new team against the Detroit Lions in Week One, and he never slowed down.
He finished the year with 1,699 yards rushing, and a 4.5 yards per carry average. His 17 touchdowns broke Jamal Anderson's previous team record of 14.
So, what makes Michael Turner tick? Here are a few things I would like to ask the MVP runner up from 2008.
- What made you decide to go to Northern Illinois?
- Were you recruited by anyone else?
- Did you expect to get drafted higher than you did?
- What was it like playing with LaDainian Tomlinson?
- What are some things that you learned in your four years of observing him?
- Do you like your nickname?
- What made you decide on Atlanta in the previous off-season?
- Boxers or briefs?
- What are your first impressions of Tony Gonzalez as a teammate?
- What are your realistic goals for the near future in the National Football League?
- If you were stuck in a foxhole, and only had one teammate to stick it through with you, who would it be?
- Is Matt Ryan really that good?
- How do you feel about the Michael Vick situation, even though you never had the opportunity to play with him?
I realize that Turner may not be able to give me an answer on the last question, but every good journalist must ask the tough question. The boxers and briefs question is not football related, but I am almost certain that it would get a chuckle.
Here's to hoping that Michael Turner can stay healthy in 2009, and that he runs the Falcons all the way to the Super Bowl.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?