The man pictured above is Tarvaris Jackson, the QB who has played part of each of the last three seasons for the Minnesota Vikings.
Projected as a mid-to-late round selection, the Vikings traded up to pick him with the final pick of the 2nd round (64th overall) in the 2006 NFL Draft.
While he put up good numbers in college, he did so playing QB for three years at Division I-AA Alabama State after transferring from Arkansas. The big question, of course, was how would this lack of experience translate to the NFL?
There is a big difference between playing Alcorn State and the Green Bay Packers.
Jackson has had his ups and downs so far in the NFL, the biggest coming this season when he was benched after a week 2 loss to the Colts, and the Vikings having an 0-2 record. An injury to Gus Frerotte allowed Jackson to take back the starting role and he helped them to a playoff berth with three wins in their final four games.
However, his incredibly poorly thrown pick-six against the Eagles helped the Vikings fall 26-14 in their first playoff game since 2004.
Here are 20 questions I would ask him, if I were doing a feature interview:
• Coming from Division I-AA, how difficult was the transition learning an NFL playbook and facing tougher competition?
• Looking back now, do you feel now that it was the right move to transfer from Arkansas to Alabama State in order to start at QB?
• How is your relationship with Adrian Peterson?
• How is your relationship with Brad Childress?
• What did you learn from your benching after the week 2 loss this season?
• You had a quarterback competition with Gus Frerotte in training camp last year. Do you think you are more prepared to have a competition with Sage Rosenfels because of that experience?
• The Vikings are 0-7 when you have more than 30 passing attempts. How do you explain this?
• What has been your best moment playing in the NFL so far? Why?
• What was your worst single play in the NFL so far? Why?
• It was not publicly known for awhile last year that your son needed to have pacemakers implanted. How, if at all, did this affect your performance on the field?
• How have you adjusted to weather in Minnesota, being from Alabama?
• What is something that the public does not know about Tarvaris Jackson?
• Pat Williams, a veteran and team leader, recently called you, saying you need to, "Put in more time." What have you said to him and has your work ethic changed since he made those comments?
• How helpful has Rich Gannon been in offseason workouts?
• Who has been your favorite WR to throw the ball to in your time here?
• Who was your football idol growing up? Why?
• You have 20 TDs and 18 INTs in your career, but 9 TDs and only 2 INTs after you replaced an injured Gus Frerotte last year. Do you feel that you have turned a corner?
• You have battled some injuries, including a concussion resulting from a hit where you did not slide. Why do you not like sliding on QB scrambles?
• Other than yourself, who is your favorite QB currently in the NFL and why?
• Do you think that you will run the Wildcat formation this year with the addition of Percy Harvin?
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!