In the News (5/27)
- Suppan and McClung were roughed up as the Brewers dropped the game on Tuesday.
- Ryan Braun was hit by a pitch and left the game with a contusion. It isn’t believed to be serious.
- Craig Counsell is still hitting the ball well
- I’m really annoyed with how much press the untucking of shirts “story” has gotten, so I’m not going to link to any. The newspapers who are reporting these events should realize they are reporters and not gossip columnists.
- David Riske might need Tommy John surgery. Seems kinda risky, doesn’t it? Sorry…I had to…
- As Tyler posted, Chris Duffy is still in the organization and is on his way to Nashville. Good…let him work some things out while the Brewers experiment with Frank Caliendo…er…Catalonotto. I highly doubt FC will be on the team in September.
- Ryan Braun has an incredible bat, is doing well in left, and is seemingly becoming more and more patient at the plate.
- The Brewers are doing well in fan voting so far…maybe I’m becoming a cranky old man, but after Sheets and Hart’s All Star Hangovers last year, I don’t mind if only a couple make it.
- Interesting question: LaPorta or Gamel? I’d have to agree that a power hitting lefty who can play corner infield is more valuable.
- Should fans be worried about the health of Mark DiFelice? This scares me a little, but I’m hoping the Brewers have done everything possible to keep their pitchers arms and motions healthy.
- How good was Monday’s pitchers duel? Here’s a link comparing it to the 1959 Braves.
- ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick is impressed with the Brewers resiliance. Even Buster Olney came on the radio this morning saying that the Brewers were quite a surprise and the Cubs will have to work hard to catch them and the Cardinals.
- Bob Ryan believes Brad Penny will be traded and I hope that it won’t be to the Brewers.
- I would much rather have Eric Bedard. Two Fisted Slopper makes the case for Bedard over Peavy.
- Jimmy Gantner will broadcast the draft. The only problem is that he does commercials in central Wisconsin since he’s the Woodchucks coach and he’s kind of awkward in those commercials.
- Speaking of stuff from Wausau, the Wausau Daily Herald is finally excited about the Brewers, but perhaps a little too excited. Playoffs talk in MAY?!? Even the Maniac is saying “Maybe that’s overdoing it a bit”.
- Meanwhile, T-Rats pitcher Wily Peralta was named Pitcher of the Week. In two outings, he didn’t allow a run, struck out 17, and walked only two. Nice job!
- Big Lou also doesn’t like his team watching video of bad at bats. They should only visualize good at bats and what the pitcher is currently doing…so all those little league coaches telling their players to learn from their mistakes is wrong?
- A-Ram says the Cubs are frustrated. In other news, water is wet.
- Ankiel is still on the DL, so Nick Stavinoha is still around. It’s fun to hear Ueck say his name; sounds like Stab-in-oh-wa.
- Glaus might be out for all of 2009. Which alleged former PED user would you rather have back?
- Astros-need-to-be-realistic-and-start-to-rebuild" target="_blank">Rosenthal believes the Astros should just rebuild, which inlcudes trading their only pitcher left (Roy Oswalt). I’m fine with the status quo…you know…middling around the bottom of the division.
- Indians-demote-LaPorta" target="_blank">Former Brewer Matt LaPorta has been demoted. Not big news..yet…
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?