Missouri State 79
(1-0, 1-0 away)
Old Dominion 67
(0-1, 0-1 home)
Venue: Constant Convocation Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, November 08, 2013
||M Marshall 18
||K Pickens 9
||A Ruder 2
||A Bacote 28
||R Ross 10
||D Batten 4
On Friday, Nov. 8, Old Dominion took on Missouri State and lost at home against the Bears 79-67 in overtime. The Monarchs got a career-high 28 points and four rebounds from Aaron Bacote. Richard Ross played his way to a double-double with 14 points and 10 rebounds. For the Bears, Jarmar Gulley finished with a team-high 18 points and nine rebounds. Next up for Old Dominion (0-1, 0-0 CAA) is Howard on Wednesday, Nov. 13 at home.
Old Dominion Game Notes
- Old Dominion started 0-1 during the 2012, 2011, 2010, 2003, 2002, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- Old Dominion has played in one overtime game this season. Over the last five seasons, the Monarchs have played in 11 overtime games with a record of 6-5.
- Aaron Bacote accounted for 41.7 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Richard Ross and Joe Ebondo) accounted for 43.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Aaron Bacote had career highs with 28 points and nine field goals made.
- Richard Ross recorded a double-double. It was his first this season and second of his career.
- Richard Ross had a career high with 10 rebounds.
Missouri State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Jarmar Gulley and Marcus Marshall) accounted for 45.5 percent of the points.
- Marcus Marshall set a career high with seven rebounds.