UNC Wilmington 62
(0-2, 0-2 away)
Iowa State 95
(1-0, 1-0 home)
Venue: James H. Hilton Coliseum
1:00PM ET / 10:00AM PT, November 10, 2013
||C Dixon 15
||A Spruill 4
||C Ponder 3
||N Long 26
||D Kane 11
||D Kane 7
North Carolina-Wilmington lost in a blowout to Iowa State 95-62 on a day when they shot just 29.7 percent. It was over at the half, as Iowa State jumped out to a 52-22 lead and never looked back. The Seahawks got 11 points and three rebounds from Cedrick Williams. Chris Dixon had 15 points and added three rebounds. DeAndre Kane recorded a double-double for the Cyclones on 13 points and 11 rebounds. The next game will be on Wednesday, Nov. 13 when North Carolina-Wilmington (0-1, 0-0 CAA) goes to Charleston Southern.
North Carolina-Wilmington Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 15:46 left to go.
- North Carolina-Wilmington started 0-2 during the 2011, 2009, 1998, 1997, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- The top two scorers (Chris Dixon and Addison Spruill) accounted for 43.5 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (15) than the starters (12).
Iowa State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Naz Long and Georges Niang) accounted for 44.2 percent of the points.
- DeAndre Kane recorded a double-double. It was his first this season and seventh of his career.
- DeAndre Kane set a career high with 11 rebounds.