Detroit now sits in complete control of the NFC North at 6-3, while Chicago and the Packers fall to 5-4.
Some final notes before I tackle the initial takeaways column, which will be posted in a bit:
- Chicago fans are right to question why Jay Cutler played so long. He was clearly not effective and the groin injury was an inhibiting factor.
- Nick Fairley goes from goat to hero all in one drive. He remains incredibly frustrating for pretty much everyone.
- Matthew Stafford finishes with 219 yards and three touchdowns. He completed 18-of-35 and had a QB Rating of 87.7. Cutler was 21-of-40 for 250 yards, with one touchdown and one interception.
- Don Carey played extremely well in place of Bill Bentley. He deserves a game ball.
- At halftime the Lions had 10 carries for 36 yards. They finished with 145 yards on 26 carries. Reggie Bush ran with more conviction and the offensive line blocked better. Chicago fans will want to look long at that fact.
Thanks to everyone for following along!