In the News (5/26)
- Ahh…it’s nice to have the Brewers back home. The Brewers edged the Cardinals Memorial Day with a 1-0 victory in 10 innings.
- Yovani Gallardo and Chris Carpenter had an awesome pitchers' battle. Yo brought a no-hitter into the sixth inning and Carpenter had a perfect game until Craig Counsell broke it up to lead off the seventh. Each pitcher worked eight innings and each gave up no runs on two hits.
- The big news was Billy Hall’s walk-off single in the bottom of the tenth. Hall had been (and still is I suppose) in a terrible slump. Way to go Billy!
- Post game Hall interview here
- Yovani made two great catches on line drives up the middle. Check out the video
- The Brewers called up veteran Frank Catalanotto prior to Monday’s game.
- Perhaps there is bad blood brewing between the Crew and the Twins? This BrewerFan.net thread touches on the subject. It’s total BS. The second commentor makes a good point.
- OnMilwaukee asks if Dave Bush is part of Milwaukee’s long terms. I don’t see why he wouldn’t be. I sure hope he is. He’s been really solid over the last couple years.
- There is more Peavy trade talk. We’ll be hearing about this until either he is traded or the trade deadline has passed.
- Everyone is against Milton Bradley. Just ask him. What a loser.
- The Cardinals are apparently exploring trades for SS Khalil Greene. He has been pretty terrible this year. I’m not sure what he’s making and am currently too tired to look, but I can’t believe it will be easy to trade him without picking up at least part of his contract.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?