EA Sports has released a new patch to address a number of issues with the PC version of FIFA 14.
These include connectivity problems with FIFA Ultimate Team, various freezing mishaps and a handful of tweaks to audio, kits and other minor occurrences.
Let's take a look at the full update notes, per FIFA community manager Rob Hodson on the developer's official forums:
- Career Mode lag when subbing players
- Fixed several FIFA Ultimate Team hangs, including: One instance of a crash when entering the FIFA Ultimate Team main menu. A hang when comparing players after accepting a trade offer
- Skill Games pad arrows now switched to pass receiver when he gets the ball
- Virtual Pro numbers defaulting to 9 after a match
- Corrected instances of kit clashing
- New kits on Creation Centre showing as EA Kit 1
- Fixed some audio scenarios
- Co-Op Seasons squad changes will be reflected on teammate's screen
- Added Bahia licensed kits and crest
Now, EA Canada's history of addressing updates is pretty patchy (see what I did there?) at best.
FIFA 14 has already received one major overhaul since release, which focused on fixing gameplay quirks, but this has made very little difference to the title.
While aspects such as overpowered headers, insanely accurate through balls and player switching problems remain, let's hope the new update irons a few kinks in the game's back end.
Freezing and connectivity issues have plagued the series for years, so it would be a major step if the company can provide stability for the majority of users. While freezing is never going to be eradicated fully, it will be interesting to see how many people suffer locking issues with the update applied.
Hodson provided the details in his forum post on the developer's website:
On freezing and crashing: our game data shows that previous updates and maintenance periods have helped immensely to improve stability but we will continue to investigate these reports internally and with our partners.
In this update, we have addressed connectivity issues, and instances of freezing and crashing in several game modes.
It's worth noting if you're playing on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 4 version of the game, this update is set to be released at a later time.
If you have any issues with the latest update, experience problems with the game or have a FIFA 14-related query, be sure to message the official Twitter account, head over to Facebook or post on the forums.
Stick around on Bleacher Report for more gaming coverage and head back Wednesday for another dose of FIFA 14 action.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!