The Champions League is in focus, and Chelsea have injury concerns about one of their forwards.
Manchester United boss David Moyes wants the heat taken off one of his players, while Liverpool have injury concerns.
It's not all doom and gloom for the Reds, as a leading light has pledged his future to the club.
All this and more feature in Tuesday's edition of the Paper News and Gossip roundup.
Manchester United boss David Moyes has called on the FA to throw a protective arm around Adnan Januzaj.
The teenager has burst onto the Premier League scene this season, but he still has some filling out to do, and Moyes feels opposing teams could target him.
Speaking ahead of United's clash with Real Sociedad in the Champions League, Moyes said:
He is going to need some protection. He is getting kicked up and down.
He deserves a little bit more (protection) than he is getting at this moment in time.
We have spoken to him about it and he is getting kicked up and down in training every day.
Per Ladyman and Mokbel, Moyes has urged Januzaj to learn from the best:
He is learning from the good pros he plays with and needs to follow the example of Lionel Messi who is the best in the world at getting kicked and getting up and getting on with producing magic.
I am not comparing him to Lionel Messi.
But the way Messi gets up is a good example.
Arsenal are riding high in the Premier League, five points clear of the pack, and all seems well at the Emirates. But a cloud is hanging over the club, writes the Mail's Neil Ashton, in the shape of Arsene Wenger's contract.
But Ashton reports that Wenger has put talks on the back burner until after the club's Champions League fate is decided.
Taking up the story, Ashton writes:
Arsene Wenger will keep Arsenal sweating about his future until they have qualified for the next phase of the Champions League.
Although Arsenal are confident that Wenger will sign an extension to his existing £7.5million a year deal, the Frenchman has yet to commit.
Wenger, who turned 64 last month, does not want his contract negotiations to become a distraction during a difficult run of fixtures.
While the Wenger contract situation is a potential dampener on the mood at Arsenal, there is a silver lining in that Theo Walcott is closing in on a return to action.
A stomach problem has sidelined the fleet-footed forward since September 18, but the Mail's Sami Mokbel says he could be back in action at the weekend.
Mokbel claims Walcott will step up his training schedule this week, and there is an outside chance of him taking a seat on the bench against Manchester United on Sunday.
Given the lack of striking options available to Wenger, Walcott's return will be a huge shot in the arm.
The transfer rumour mill is cranking into life, and Suarez's name has been mentioned in connection with a move to Real Madrid, per the Star's Adrian Kajumba.
Suarez has been asked about the reports, in an interview with Uruguayan radio station Sport 890, but he claims to know nothing of the speculation.
I know nothing of any interest from Real Madrid, and I am happy with Liverpool.
In the team we are all really excited, and looking forward to a good season.
The Premier League is the best league there is. The stadiums, the atmosphere and the fans make football here so entertaining.
Suarez had a tough summer on account of the speculation about his future, but he now seems content with life at Anfield.
“I feel part of things at Liverpool. It is my home," he said "I am comfortable and happy here—I work hard for Liverpool and I will always be thankful to the club, and to my team-mates.”
Jose Mourinho is set to make sweeping changes for Chelsea's clash with Schalke in the Champions League.
He was not happy with his side's loss to Newcastle on Saturday, claiming that he "made 11 mistakes" in his team selection, in a press conference picked up by the Mail's Bob Cass.
As such, he has indicated that he will shuffle his deck for the meeting with Schalke, according to Sky Sports. The Mirror's Martin Lipton reports Mourinho will be forced into at least one change after Fernando Torres limped out of training on Monday.
In his piece, Lipton writes:
Torres pulled up with a muscle problem halfway through Monday's session at Cobham and withdrew to receive treatment.
The in-form Spanish striker is understood to have been initially concerned about the scale of the problem, which was assessed by club medics.
He is keen to stay as first choice for Mourinho's side after getting off the Premier League mark with the last-gasp winner over Manchester City a week ago, which followed his double in the reverse of this Schalke fixture last month.
But Torres is now expected to be ruled out of Wednesday's game - and could be doubtful for Saturday's home clash with West Brom and Spain's upcoming friendlies against Angola and South Africa.
Lipton also states that Frank Lampard and Ashley Cole are to sit the game out.
Newcastle may need to brace themselves for a January transfer battle, as the Mirror's John Cross claims Roma are interested in midfielder Yohan Cabaye.
The Frenchman had his head turned by talk of a move to Arsenal in the summer, as reported by David Ornstein of BBC Sport, but Newcastle stood firm.
Cabaye has since won his place back in the team, and his form in recent weeks has been impressive.
However, Cross claims Roma are keeping an eye on his situation, with a view to making a January bid.
Cross also claims that if Roma are unsuccessful in their bid for Cabaye, they will turn their attentions to Tottenham duo Sandro and Lewis Holtby.
Ligue 1 side Monaco are ready to join the chase for West Brom forward Saido Berahino, writes the Mirror's Darren Lewis.
Chelsea are being linked with bids for two promising teenagers, per the Mirror's James Nursey, who states that Lazar Markovic of Benfica and Inter Milan's Pedro Delgado are on the Blues' radar.
The Star's David Wright reports that Liverpool and Tottenham could square up in a fight for Barcelona youngster Sergi Roberto.