The wide receiver position has turned into the NFL’s version of the fashionable, blonde Hollywood socialite who can’t stay out of the news, and, in fact, doesn’t want to. Terrell Owens bears a striking resemblance to Britney Spears, doesn’t he? That would mean Chad Johnson is Paris Hilton. While Plaxico Burress fits the psychological description of the schizophrenic Lindsey Lohan. Even the consummate professional Marvin Harrison has forged himself a back story in this tiresome soap opera.
And then there’s Greg Jennings, whose emergence has been a breath of fresh air to many NFL fans. Not only has he quickly become one of the game’s brightest offensive weapons, but he has the brain capacity, personality, and work ethic to back it up. On game days, every time the camera zooms in on Jennings viewers are treated to his wide smile framing his set of pearly whites. He loves the game, and he reminds all of us that football is just that - a game. Yet, Packer fans can’t help but feel secure when watching Jennings work, because he’s a game breaker, and he gives the team a chance to win every Sunday.
I would love the chance to sit down with Jennings and pick his brain.
1. Hi, Greg. How has the offseason been? Any family vacations?
2. How has your offseason training program differed from previous years? How do you think that will help you?
3. How do you feel your fellow wide receivers have progressed this offseason?
4. The bond between a quarterback and wide receiver is obvious. Have you worked extensively with Brian Brohm and Matt Flynn since they have been here? How do you think they have progressed this offseason?
5. Is the Packers’ offense always evolving? Are there any new wrinkles that the coaching staff has introduced? Can you share some of them with us?
6. What is your favorite formation to work out of?
7. Knowing the talent level that the Packers possess at wide receiver, what kind of jolt do you get from lining up in the spread formation?
8. Your passion for the game reminds me so much of Donald Driver’s. What has Donald taught you about football, or maybe just life in general?
9. Is there anything new that you can share with us about your contract situation?
10. I am contractually obligated to ask, so, any opinions on the Favre situation?
11. What is your opinion of the defense’s switch to the 3-4? As a wide receiver what differences do you face when lining up against a 3-4, as opposed to the 4-3?
12. What is your opinion on the personality and behavior of the Terrell Owens’ and Chad Johnson’s of the world? Do they give wide receivers a bad name?
13. What do you think the key is to recapturing the Lambeau Field dominance that the team once enjoyed?
14. There has been a lot of talk about the lack of leadership on the team since Brett Favre was traded. What is your take on the leadership of this team?
15. Do you set any personal goals for yourself before the season? Stats, accomplishments, etc?
16. Some players say that every year is a Super Bowl or bust situation, because the league is filled with parity and any team can win on any given Sunday. Do you believe in the Super Bowl or bust mantra? Does it apply to this season?