As a football fan, the dream is to step onto the field and interview a player from their favorite team. We watch them play, we scream at the television; we pound our fists on the table and say "what were you thinking?" I sat and thought about the Jaguar's and the past season. I've sifted through the plays, the revolving door of staff changes; the team cohesion. If I could interview Rashean Mathis, I'd ask him the following:
- What did it feel like to be the first Jaguar's cornerback to be voted to the Pro Bowl?
- As a hometown kid, who graduated from Englewood High School, what did it feel like to become a member of the Jaguars?
- In 2008 the Jaguars played as wild card in the playoffs. What do you feel were your strengths in that game? Do you feel you had any weaknesses?
- We know you have a love of baseball. How do you compare your love for baseball with your love for football?
- What do you feel the defensive lineup needs to change in the coming season to cement the Jaguars a spot in the playoffs?
- You played a contestant on the Wheel of Fortune's NFL Week, what was that experience like?
- You have a very charitable side, what causes are close to your heart and why?
- Mel Tucker is taking over as defensive coordinator this season. What do you think he'll bring to the defensive lineup over previous seasons?
- In 2008, you suffered a knee injury. How is your knee at this time and will it prevent you from starting in the coming season?
- What do you feel are the Jaguars strengths as compared to other teams in the AFC South?
- Your female fans are wondering if there is a special someone in your life and what things do you find appealing in a woman?
- Coach Del Rio was recently quoted as saying, "I think Rashean is a great player. I think he's capable of being even better than we've seen thus far." Based on that comment what do you feel you'll bring to the table this season after ending last season with an injury?
- You've shown a lot of determination and heart. Your current contract is a five-year, $25 million deal,and runs through 2011. The upcoming season could be a big determinant on getting an extension. Does that factor into your mindset for the coming season?
- Numerous future football players watch you with admiration. What would you say to those little fans who want to play professional football when they grow up? What do they need to do now as they get into junior high and high school football?
- To those who have said that "the Jaguars were a disappointment last year and struggled all year long; never reaching their full potential", what would you say those doubting the Jaguars can come back this season?
- If you had one phrase that would summarize your prediction for the Jaguar's upcoming season, what would it be?
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!