At the UFC 166 weigh-in on Friday, Cain Velasquez and Junior dos Santos measured each other up one more time ahead of their rubber match for the heavyweight championship.
There was no shoving or dramatics from either man. No, Velasquez and Dos Santos are the types to save the show for the Octagon. Instead, both heavyweights looked completely focused ahead of the most important bout of their careers.
With Dos Santos scoring a knockout in the first meeting between the two and Velasquez dominating their second clash over five rounds, Saturday's fight between the elite heavyweights could bring a permanent end to the rivalry and cement the winner as one of the best heavyweights in UFC history.
In addition to the staredown between Velasquez and Dos Santos, the above video shows some jawing between Gilbert Melendez and Diego Sanchez. The two lightweights will also appear on the UFC 166 main card in a bout that could put the winner very close to a shot at the 155-pound strap.
Being hosted by Houston on Saturday, the full UFC 166 fight card is listed below.
UFC 166 Main Card
- Cain Velasquez vs. Junior dos Santos
- Daniel Cormier vs. Roy Nelson
- Gilbert Melendez vs. Diego Sanchez
- Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Shawn Jordan
- John Dodson vs. Darrell Montague
UFC 166 Fox Sports 1 Prelims
- Tim Boetsch vs. CB Dollaway
- Nate Marquardt vs. Hector Lombard
- Sarah Kaufman vs. Jessica Eye
- George Sotiropoulos vs. KJ Noons
UFC 166 Online Prelims
- TJ Waldburger vs. Adlan Amagov
- Tony Ferguson vs. Mike Rio
- Jeremy Larsen vs. Andre Fili
- Dustin Pague vs. Kyoji Horiguchi