The last time two heavyweights completed a championship trilogy inside the Octagon, Tim Sylvia bested Andrei Arlovski in a decision at UFC 61 more than seven years ago.
On Saturday, Cain Velasquez and Junior Dos Santos will meet for the third time, completing their own epic trilogy. After Dos Santos quickly knocked out Velasquez in their first meeting, the American exacted revenge on the Brazilian with a five-round beating.
In addition the the heavyweight championship bout, another heavyweight matchup of great significance will serve as the co-main event. Preparing for a move to 205 pounds, Daniel Cormier will try to remain undefeated inside the Octagon when he meets Roy Nelson.
Weigh-ins for UFC 166 will be held Friday at 5:00 p.m. ET. At that time, live streaming video will be available on the above video player.
Below is the entire fight card for UFC 166, which will take place in Houston on Saturday.
UFC 166 Main Card
- Cain Velasquez vs. Junior dos Santos
- Daniel Cormier vs. Roy Nelson
- Gilbert Melendez vs. Diego Sanchez
- Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Shawn Jordan
- John Dodson vs. Darrell Montague
UFC 166 Fox Sports 1 Prelims
- Tim Boetsch vs. CB Dollaway
- Nate Marquardt vs. Hector Lombard
- Sarah Kaufman vs. Jessica Eye
- George Sotiropoulos vs. KJ Noons
UFC 166 Online Prelims
- TJ Waldburger vs. Adlan Amagov
- Tony Ferguson vs. Mike Rio
- Jeremy Larsen vs. Andre Fili
- Dustin Pague vs. Kyoji Horiguchi