Milwaukee Brewers: In the News (May 22)
Record: 26-15, First Place
- A theme has been established. The offense battles back from an early deficit. The bullpen holds it down for the win. To take a page from the book of Ned Yost, these guys are gamers and battlers.
- As reported here on Thursday, Milwaukee acquired outfielder Jody Gerut from the Padres for Tony Gwynn Jr. The move seems like a salary dump for San Diego more than anything, as they could’ve claimed Gwynn off waivers in April. But it’s a good move in my book. Gerut can have an immediate impact for Milwaukee.
- The acquisition of Gerut and the promotion of R.J. Swindle from Nashville means Chris Duffy and Hernan Iribarren have been sent down. Duffy is out of options, so he’d have to clear waivers before going to Triple-A.
- Doug Melvin has been crushing on Gerut for quite some time. He finally got his man. Cute!
- I weigh in on the Gwynn/Gerut deal at Bugs & Cranks. I even go out on a limb and call Tony Gwynn Sr. fat.
- Quevedo at the Buffet says goodbye to Gwynn in their own special and funny way.
- Brewed Sports wonders if FireKenMacha.com is taken. RFB’s investigative reporting team has determined the domain name to be available.
- The Brewers are doing fine without aces, despite having an ace.
- Jason Kendall owns a .044 ISO, giving him the second-worst power numbers among big league regulars. His average and lack of power once bothered me, but now I’ve accepted him for the intangibles like his work with the young pitchers and his ability to consistently put the ball in play.
- Vote for the Timber Rattlers Fans’ Choice bobblehead…as if there’s any way it won’t be Brett Lawrie. Objectively speaking, I think Gil Meche should win it.
- The Sounds connect with hearing impaired children. As a victim of popped right ear for the past three days, I know exactly how these kids feel. I’m glad the Sounds have come to our hearing aid.
- Lou Piniella is contemplating lineup changes to get Micah Hoffpauir more playing time. Hoff is hitting well. Not getting him into the lineup would be a serious tap in the nuts.
- Could the Cardinals shop for a third baseman? Their current platoon at the position makes the Craig Counsell-Tony Graffanino duo of 2006 seem incredible.
- Joey Votto has an ear infection. Pussy.
- Houston closer Jose Valverde is seeking a second opinion of his strained calf. It’s sidelined him since April 27 and looks to keep him out a few more weeks.
- For Mormons risking sin to look at a computer for the first time or for people living under a rock, Jake Peavy was to be traded to the White Sox pending his approval. Peavy ultimately vetoed the trade.
- It looks like the White Sox could’ve used the pitching help.
- Eli’s MLB Rumors thinks the Mariners should shop Russell Branyan while he’s still mashing. I doubt many teams are falling over themselves to give up anything of value for a 33-year-old who’s having the best two months of his career. I see Seattle staying put on the Branyan front.
- Dinosaurs fucking robots (NSFW).
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?