If Only: My Sit Down with Greg Jennings
Greg Jennings used to be that short receiver coming out of a small school that everyone is unsure about. Jennings is 5'11" and was coming out of Western Michigan University. Coming into the draft everyone knew he had talent, specifically he hand hands. But many teams were reluctant to draft him because of his small stature.
Packers General Manager Ted Thompson took the chance on Jennings by taking him in the second round, 52nd overall, in the 2006 NFL Draft.
Fast forward four years and Greg Jennings is a pro-bowl caliber receiver who has amassed 2,844 receiving yards and 24 touchdown receptions.
Jennings has become one of my favorite players fast, and I have many questions I would love to hear him answer.
1. Tell me what it was like preparing for the draft?
2. Being a smaller wide receiver, it must have been tough getting the attention of the scouts with 6'4" people jumping around. What did you do to get noticed?
3. On draft day, did you have any particular team you wanted to play for?
4. When you heard you were drafted by Green Bay, what was your very first thought?
5. Your feelings on Brett Favre prior to being drafted are notorious in Green Bay, how did he change the way you felt about him?
6. As a rookie in 2006, you led the league in receiving yards during the preseason. Did this help your confidence going into the regular season?
7. You have caught a number of historic passes from Brett Favre, which one is your favorite? (400th TD pass, 420th TD pass, 421st TD pass, 82 yd TD pass in OT vs. the Broncos in 2007).
8. Can you tell me what your second year in the NFL was like compared to your first?
9. In 2007 you burst onto the scene nearly getting 1,000 receiving yards and 12 touchdowns. Did you expect this kind of production?
10. What is your favorite win? At any level?
11. Brett Favre or Aaron Rodgers?
12. Do you prefer deep routes where you can make a play for your quarterback? Or shorter routes where you can make a move in the open field?
13. Is there any significance in your number, 85?
14. Do you see yourself a Green Bay Packer for the rest of your career?
15. Describe what a normal off season day for you is like.
16. Does practicing against two of the best cornerbacks in the league, in Charles Woodson and Al Harris, give you an advantage over other receivers in the league?
17. Green Bay in the winter? Your thoughts?
18. Last question Greg, 2008 was a down year for the Packers, what do you have to do as an individual to make sure it doesn't happen again?
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?