April 15, 2008
Fourteen games into the regular season, it's prediction time.
- Jonathan Albaladejo will be the third-best reliever on the Yankees.
- Johan Santana will not lead the Mets to the playoffs by himself but…
- The Mets will make the playoffs.
- Alex Rodriguez will win the A.L. MVP award.
- David Ortiz will not hit .073 the rest of the season.
- The Arizona Diamondbacks will win the N.L. West behind the pitching of Dan Haren, Brandon Webb, and RANDY JOHNSON.
- Curt Schilling will pitch again...to his kids in the backyard.
- The Upton brothers begin to reach the potential that will make them the best offensive brother combination ever.
- The Tampa Bay Devil Rays, sorry the Tampa Bay Rays don't finish last in the A.L. East, the Orioles do.
- The Curse of the Billy Goat continues.
- Fausto Carmona, Chien-Ming Wang, and C.C. Sabathia finish 1-2-3 in the A.L. CY Young ballot
- The Phillies also make the playoffs.
- The trade deadline will not be as boring as it was last year.
- Evan Longoria forces the Rays to keep him up the entire season.
- Lou Piniella and Ozzie Guillen lead managers with the most ejections.
- Some rookie makes a big splash.
- The Boston Red Sox realize they have become the thing they hate the most, the Yankees.
- When Yankee Stadium closes, fans cry.
- When Shea Stadium closes, fans cheer.
- The Detroit Tigers make the playoffs after their miserable start.
- The Detroit Tigers never recover from their miserable start and miss the playoffs (hey I can make conflicting predictions).
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!