Jon Jones will look to make history at UFC 165, where the light heavyweight champion will try to defeat Alexander Gustafsson and become the first to defend the UFC's 205-pound title five consecutive times.
Since dethroning Mauricio Rua in March of 2011, Jones has already disposed of Quinton Jackson, Lyoto Machida, Rashad Evans, Vitor Belfort and Chael Sonnen during his championship reign. In the minds of many, beating Gustafsson would cement Jones as the greatest light heavyweight MMA has ever seen.
After losing to Phil Davis, Gustafsson has rattled off six straight wins. That was enough to separate the Swedish fighter as the top contender in the 205-pound division. With relatively comparable reach to the champion, Gustafsson is expected to provide Jones with a new challenge should he stay standing.
UFC 165 will also feature a fight for the interim bantamweight championship. Still waiting for the return of Dominick Cruz, 135-pound titleholder Renan Barao will try to defend his temporary title from the resurgent Eddie Wineland.
Weigh-ins for UFC 165 will be held on Friday at 4:00 p.m. ET. At that time, live streaming video will be available on the above player.
Below is the entire fight card for UFC 165, which will be hosted by Toronto, Canada on Saturday.
UFC 165 Main Card
- Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson
- Renan Barao vs. Eddie Wineland
- Brendan Schaub vs. Matt Mitrione
- Costa Philippou vs. Francis Carmont
- Pat Healy vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov
UFC 165 Fox Sports 1 Prelims
- Mike Ricci vs. Myles Jury
- Ivan Menjivar vs. Wilson Reis
- Chris Clements vs. Stephen Thompson
- Mitch Gagnon vs. Dustin Kimura
UFC 165 Online Prelims
- John Makdessi vs. Renee Forte
- Michel Prazeres vs. Jesse Ronson
- Roland Delorme vs. Alex Caceres
- Nandor Guelmino vs. Daniel Omielanczuk