The fallout from the close of the transfer window on Monday still features heavily in the newspapers on Wednesday.
The Old Trafford club are the highlight of the headlines on Wednesday with one newspaper claiming a row is brewing between manager David Moyes and one star player (And, no, not that one).
And United will return for two summer targets when the transfer window reopens in January.
But who else is making the headlines in Wednesday's newspapers? Read on to find out more.
Manchester United made a last-ditch effort to sign Ozil before the transfer window closed, claims John Cross of the Daily Mirror.
The report says the Old Trafford club enquired about the player's availability before their move for Athletic Club Bilbao midfielder Ander Herrara failed.
However, Cross reports that United were far too late in their interest after Arsenal and manager Arsene Wenger had laid the foundations for the move weeks in advance.
The Gunners' preparation also ensured Ozil rejected a more lucrative move to Paris Saint-Germain, claims the article.
Meanwhile, Jeremy Wilson of the Daily Telegraph reports that just one phone call between the multi-lingual Wenger and Ozil in German convinced the player to move to the Emirates Stadium.
The inquest into Manchester United's summer transfer window continues with Neil Custis of The Sun (subscription required) reporting that Marouane Fellaini took a £4 million pay cut to ensure his move from Everton went through.
The Belgium international had a release clause of £23.5 million until the end of July, but United refused to pay that price beyond its expiry, reports Custis.
However, with the clock ticking down on Monday, Fellaini told United to pay him £4 million less over the course of his four-year deal to cover the increased transfer fee, according to the report.
Martin Samuel of the Daily Mail lays the blame for United's failures in the summer market at the feet of chief executive Ed Woodward, who, like Moyes, is a newcomer at Old Trafford.
While the newspapers offer a post mortem into United's summer transfer dealings, David Woods of the Daily Star has reported a potential further problem for Moyes with star striker Robin van Persie unconvinced by the new manager's training methods.
Football Association chairman Greg Dyke will look to the stars when he outlines his vision for the English game on Wednesday, according to Paul Joyce of the Daily Express.
The report claims Dyke will call for the Premier League, the Football League, the Professional Footballers' Association and the League Managers' Association to join together to support England.
Dyke is also expected to outline his goals for the national team, who face Moldova in a World Cup qualifier on Friday, at major tournaments in the future.
Henry Winter of the Daily Telegraph believes Dyke will call for a better release of players for international duty, a winter break and a rescheduling of matches in the buildup to important international matches.
The former Tottenham star joined the La Liga giants in a world-record £86 million deal on Monday and immediately returned to Cardiff to link up with the national squad for the games against Macedonia and Serbia.
Coleman thanked Real for allowing their new player to be released for the games, but he will not play Bale for the full 90 minutes in either game after the 24-year-old missed much of preseason preparations with Tottenham through injury.
The Wales boss also claims Bale has a far different demeanour after his move to the Bernabeu was finally confirmed, according to the report.
The Uruguay international is expected to make his first appearance for the Reds since biting Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic during a Premier League game in April in the Capital One Cup tie against Manchester United on Sept. 25.
Kinnear was appointed by the Tyneside club during the summer, but only Loic Remy has arrived at Newcastle since then having completed a loan move from Queens Park Rangers.
Supporters have voiced their criticism of Kinnear during the club's opening Premier League matches, says the report.
But Pardew has released an official statement to say the former Newcastle manager had been working hard behind the scenes to bring in new players during the summer.