UFC Fight Night 28 results are in, and they produced the following outcomes:
- Glover Teixeira defeated Ryan Bader by technical knockout (punches) at 2:55 of the first round.
- Ronaldo Souza defeated Yushin Okami by technical knockout (punches) at 2:47 of the first round.
- Joseph Benavidez defeated Jussier Formiga by technical knockout (punches) at 3:07 of the first round.
- Piotr Hallman defeated Francisco Trinaldo by submission (kimura) at 3:50 of the second round.
- Rafael Natal defeated Tor Troeng by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28).
- Ali Bagautinov defeated Marcos Vinicius by technical knockout (punches) at 3:28 of the third round.
- Kevin Souza defeated Felipe Arantes by split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28).
- Lucas Martins defeated Ramiro Hernandez by submission (rear-naked choke) at 1:10 of the first round.
- Elias Silveiro defeated Joao Zeferino by unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27).
- Ivan Jorge defeated Keith Wisniewski by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27).
- Sean Spencer defeated Yuri Villefort by split decision (30-27, 29-28, 28-29).
Jon Jones and Alexander Gustafsson are set to meet at UFC 165, and UFC Fight Night 28 may have produced the next opponent for the winner of that light heavyweight championship bout.
Glover Teixeira and Phil Davis are the only top-10 light heavyweight contenders Jones hasn't already beaten. With Davis coming off of a controversial win over Lyoto Machida, Teixeira is on a more impressive run than any 205-pound contender following his victory against Ryan Bader on Wednesday.
So, should the champion defend his belt at UFC 165, Teixeira seems like a strong candidate to be the next title challenger in the light heavyweight class.
More on that and other burning questions heading into the UFC's next pay-per-view as you click through the slides that follow.