Fantasy Football 2013 Rankings: Top 50 Running Backs
C.J. Spiller is the most recent top running back who has been hit with a recent injury scare. It seems like the majority of the top five has been nicked up this preseason, doesn’t it? (Outside of Adrian Peterson, anyways.)
Let’s take a look at how all the injury news has currently impacted our rankings:
- Adrian Peterson, Minnesota Vikings
- Doug Martin, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Jamaal Charles, Kansas City Chiefs
- C.J. Spiller, Buffalo Bills
- Ray Rice, Baltimore Ravens
- Arian Foster, Houston Texans
- Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks
- LeSean McCoy, Philadelphia Eagles
- Trent Richardson, Cleveland Browns
- Alfred Morris, Washington Redskins
- Matt Forte, Chicago Bears
- Stevan Ridley, New England Patriots
- Maurice Jones-Drew, Jacksonville Jaguars
- Chris Johnson, Tennessee Titans
- Steven Jackson, Atlanta Falcons
- Frank Gore, San Francisco 49ers
- DeMarco Murray, Dallas Cowboys
- Lamar Miller, Miami Dolphins
- Darren McFadden, Oakland Raiders
- Reggie Bush, Detroit Lions
- David Wilson, New York Giants
- Eddie Lacy, Green Bay Packers
- Giovani Bernard, Cincinnati Bengals
- Darren Sproles, New Orleans Saints
- Montee Ball, Denver Broncos
- Mark Ingram, New Orleans Saints
- Ahmad Bradshaw, Indianapolis Colts
- Daryl Richardson, St. Louis Rams
- Ryan Mathews, San Diego Chargers
- Chris Ivory, New York Jets
- Shane Vereen, New England Patriots
- Rashard Mendenhall, Arizona Cardinals
- Bernard Pierce, Baltimore Ravens
- Le’Veon Bell, Pittsburgh Steelers
- Andre Brown, New York Giants
- DeAngelo Williams, Carolina Panthers
- BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Cincinnati Bengals
- Jonathan Dwyer, Pittsburgh Steelers
- Bryce Brown, Philadelphia Eagles
- Ben Tate, Houston Texans
- Jonathan Stewart, Carolina Panthers
- Danny Woodhead, San Diego Chargers
- Michael Bush, Chicago Bears
- Isaiah Pead, St. Louis Rams
- Bilal Powell, New York Jets
- Jacquizz Rodgers, Atlanta Falcons
- Vick Ballard, Indianapolis Colts
- Mikel Leshoure, Detroit Lions
- Daniel Thomas, Miami Dolphins
- Shonn Greene, Tennessee Titans
Just Missed: Isaac Redman (Pittsburgh Steelers), Roy Helu (Washington Redskins), Kendall Hunter (San Francisco 49ers) and Pierre Thomas (New Orleans Saints)
- Arian Foster remains an injury risk, but he has been activated from the physically unable to perform list and appears primed to play in Week 1. There is still ample reason to be cautious with an early selection, but there is no reason to send him completely spiraling down your rankings at this point.
- There is still plenty of unknown surrounding Le’Veon Bell and how long he is going to be out of action. While Jonathan Dwyer should see his stock rise (as should Isaac Redman and the newly acquired Felix Jones), Bell’s value is plummeting. Is it a Lisfranc injury, or isn’t it? Will rest be enough, or is he going to need surgery? While he’s worth stashing, consider him as more of a RB4 at this point. At the very least, he is going to miss a few weeks, if not more.
- According to Mark Kiszla of The Denver Post had the following to say about Ronnie Hillman: “After Hillman’s fumble at the goal line resulted in a 106-yard return of his turnover for a touchdown by Seattle a week earlier, St. Louis defenders were obviously targeting Hillman’s tender ego. Sharks smell blood, and the Rams ripped the football from Hillman after he caught a pass from Manning in the second period. Linebacker Alec Ogletree turned the mistake into a St. Louis touchdown.” Suddenly Montee Ball’s stock is rising, and Knowshon Moreno is looking like he too could have value. The Broncos aren’t going to trust a player who is consistently coughing up the football, so Hillman likely has played himself into a minimal role at this point.
- Does anyone believe that Chris Ivory is going to be a lock to produce this season? In two preseason games, he has managed just 28 yards on 14 carries. Bilal Powell suddenly has some nice sleeper appeal.
Make sure to check out all of our 2013 preseason rankings:
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?