The Saints have their depth chart posted on their website. After removing the seven players involved in Tuesday’s transactions and adding Rolle, their new cornerback from Buffalo, here’s what it looks like:
Post 75-man Depth Chart
WR: Marques Colston, Nick Toon, Saalim Hakim, Courtney Roby
LT: Charles Brown, Terron Armstead
LG: Ben Grubbs, Andrew Tiller, Elliott Mealer
C: Brian de la Puente, Eric Olsen, Jeremiah Warren
RG: Jahri Evans, Tim Lelito
RT: Zach Strief, Marcel Jones, Bryce Harris
TE: Jimmy Graham, Benjamin Watson, Mike Higgins, Josh Hill, Keavon Milton
WR: Lance Moore, Andy Tanner, Kenny Stills, Preston Parker
QB: Drew Brees, Luke McCown, Ryan Griffin
FB: Jed Collins, Austin Johnson
RB: Pierre Thomas, Mark Ingram, Darren Sproles, Travaris Cadet, Khiry Robinson
DE: Akiem Hicks, Jay Richardson, Glenn Foster
NT: Brodrick Bunkley, John Jenkins, Isaako Aaitui
DE: Cameron Jordan, Tom Johnson, Tyrunn Walker
OLB: Junior Galette, Rufus Johnson
ILB: Jonathan Vilma, David Hawthorne, Will Herring, Ray Shipman
ILB: Curtis Lofton, Ramon Humber, Kevin Reddick
OLB: Martez Wilson, Baraka Atkins, Parys Haralson
CB: Jabari Greer, Corey White, Rod Sweeting, Jumal Rolle
S: Roman Harper, Jim Leonhard, Kenny Vaccaro
S: Malcolm Jenkins, Rafael Bush, Isa Abdul-Quddus, Jerico Nelson
CB: Keenan Lewis, Patrick Robinson, Korey Lindsey, Chris Carr
P: Thomas Morstead
K: Garrett Hartley
LS: Justin Drescher, Jed Collins
H: Thomas Morstead
PR: Darren Sproles, Travaris Cadet, Lance Moore
KR: Darren Sproles, Travaris Cadet, Pierre Thomas
KO: Thomas Morstead, Garrett Hartley
Previewing the 53-Man Roster Cuts
Playing general manager is the best, but remember only Mickey Loomis has all the answers, and he's not talking to anyone at this point. Here's a look at how the Saints might get to 53 players.
- Ryan Griffin, QB: With Brees starting and McCown a capable backup, Griffin won't be kept around. But he may be back as a practice-squad player.
- Saalim Hakim, WR: Hakim didn't spend a lot of time on the field in preseason action and when he did he seemed to get hurt repeatedly.
- Courtney Roby, WR: Roby is a tough cut as he's a valuable special-teams player. But Andy Tanner may have passed Roby in the chase for that final receiver spot.
- Khiry Robinson, RB: There's no way Robinson can make this team with the depth the Saints have at running back.
- Austin Johnson, FB: Johnson makes sense on special teams but it's unfathomable that the Saints keep two fullbacks.
- Josh Hill, TE: Hill has special-teams merit, but there a few tweaner's in front of him.
- Keavon Milton, TE: Milton was hardly used on offense in the preseason and New Orleans is rich at the position.
- Marcel Jones, T: Jones could catch on with the Saints on their practice squad, but there are too many linemen in front of him for the 53-man roster.
- Andrew Tiller, G: Tiller missed the entire 2012 season and likely won't get a chance to land on the 53-man roster.
- Elliott Mealer, G: Mealer played just 28 snaps through three preseason games and didn’t show well in run blocking while on the field.
- Eric Olsen, G: Olsen struggled in preseason action and was outplayed by undrafted rookie Tim Lelito.
- Jeremiah Warren, G: Warren didn't show well while run blocking during the preseason.
- Isaako Aaitui, DL: In just 22 defensive snaps, Aaitui has shown deficiencies in both run stopping and in pass-rush situations.
- Tom Johnson, DL: A groin injury slowed Johnson early in camp and he has been unable to completely brush off the rust.
- Baraka Atkins, LB: Atkins got a lot of opportunities in preseason action to prove himself and he didn't fare well rushing the passer or in coverage.
- Ray Shipman, LB: Shipman played just 38 defensive snaps through three preseason games and barely made a dent in pass-rushing situations.
- Jim Leonhard, S: Leonhard didn't make much of an impact on the preseason as he only played on 41 defensive snaps.
- Jerico Nelson, S: Nelson didn't record one special teams tackle and only played 36 snaps on defense.
- Rod Sweeting, CB: Sweeting hasn't done enough in preseason action to warrant a spot on the 53-man roster but his camp showing might get home called back for the practice squad.
- Chris Carr, CB: A missed tackle on special teams might have done Carr in. He put up some good numbers on defense but had very little time (39 snaps) to get into a rhythm.
- Korey Lindsey, CB: There might not be enough room on the Saints roster for Lindsey even though he performed well in preseason action.