Here's our best guess regarding how the Cowboys' depth chart looked after the cut down to 75:
QB: Tony Romo, Kyle Orton, Alex Tanney
RB: DeMarco Murray, Lance Dunbar, Joseph Randle, Phillip Tanner, Kendial Lawrence
WR: Dez Bryant, Miles Austin, Terrance Williams, Dwayne Harris, Cole Beasley, Anthony Armstrong, Tim Benford, Danny Coale
TE: Jason Witten, James Hanna, Gavin Escobar, Dante Rosario, Andre Smith
OT: Tyron Smith, Doug Free, Jermey Parnell, Demetress Bell, Darrion Weems, Edawn Coughman
G: Nate Livings, Mackenzy Bernadeau, Ronald Leary, David Arkin, Kevin Kowalski, Ray Dominguez
C: Travis Frederick, Phil Costa
DE: DeMarcus Ware, Anthony Spencer, Kyle Wilber, George Selvie, Jerome Long, Jabari Fletcher, Thaddeus Gibson, Jason Vega
DT: Jay Ratliff*, Jason Hatcher, Nick Hayden, Sean Lissemore, Ben Bass, Landon Cohen
OLB: Bruce Carter, Justin Durant, DeVonte Holloman, Ernie Sims
MLB: Sean Lee, Caleb McSurdy, Taylor Reed, Cameron Lawrence
CB: Brandon Carr, Morris Claiborne, Orlando Scandrick, Sterling Moore, B.W. Webb, Xavier Brewer, Micah Pellerin
S: Barry Church, Will Allen, Matt Johnson, Danny McCray, J.J. Wilcox, Jeff Heath, Jakar Hamilton, Eric Frampton
K: Dan Bailey
P: Chris Jones
LS: L.P. LaDouceur
* Will start the regular season on the PUP list.
- Phillip Tanner: I think they'd prefer to keep Lance Dunbar if he's healthy. And Joseph Randle has to be part of the final 53.
- Kendial Lawrence: There's a crowd in that backfield and the undrafted free agent ran five times for only 14 yards during the preseason.
- Danny Coale: After failing to stand out yet again, the 2012 fifth-round pick might land on the practice squad again.
- Anthony Armstrong: If Cole Beasley keeps having health issues, Armstrong probably edges out Tim Benford for the final wide receiver spot.
- Tim Benford: Benford had a solid preseason but he's better off on the practice squad.
- Dante Rosario: He's got experience, but I just don't think there's room with Gavin Escobar on board.
- Andre Smith: One 27-yard catch isn't close to enough for the 2011 undrafted free agent.
- Kevin Kowalski: Just couldn't get healthy. I think Demetress Bell beats him out.
- Darrion Weems: After bouncing around last year, he's on the roster bubble because of how thin Dallas is in his second season. He's been OK in the preseason but I think he winds up on the practice squad.
- Edawn Coughman: He gave up wayyyy too much pressure in the preseason.
- Ray Dominguez: I'm not sure why they've held onto him so long. It makes me wonder if they really like him and are waiting for a turnaround in the health department. Unless things change dramatically Thursday, he's a goner.
- Jerome Long: He was good enough this month to earn a practice squad opportunity. Still think George Selvie beat him out, though.
- Jabari Fletcher: Wasn't impressed with what he did in the preseason. Just a camp body.
- Thaddeus Gibson: The journeyman defensive end failed to stand out. Shame that he and Fletcher couldn't, because there were opportunities with guys going down on that d-line.
- Jason Vega: Only two snaps in the fourth preseason game after being signed last week. He'd have to do something big on Thursday...
- Landon Cohen: I give Ben Bass a slight edge for the final spot in the interior defensive line.
- Taylor Reed: The SMU product has proven to be a solid tackler and a practice squad candidate.
- Cameron Lawrence: You need to do more than that to make the final 53 as an undrafted free agent.
- Xavier Brewer: He was pretty good in coverage this preseason but B.W. Webb stepped it up and those top five corners appear to be locked in.
- Micah Pellerin: He was also solid but faces the same problem as Webb. Would like to see both of those guys on the practice squad.
- Jakar Hamilton: He didn't look good at all during preseason play. Three missed tackles, at least.
- Eric Frampton: A calf injury could cost him a shot, especially with Jeff Heath coming on.