Inter started their new era under Walter Mazzarri with a 2-0 victory at the San Siro against Genoa on Sunday.
Yuto Nagatomo broke the deadlock with 15 minutes remaining, before Rodrigo Palacio put the icing on the cake to dispatch a stubborn Grifone.
Talk continues of more action in the transfer market for the Nerazzurri though, with Mazzarri ever keen to bring in some extra players to strengthen the squad.
Here is the latest on Inter's involvement in the market.
Joel Obi will be remaining at Inter for the current campaign, according to the Nigerian's agent, Renzo Contratto.
Having been linked with a move to Parma, Contratto clarified his client's situation and rubbished claims that the 22-year-old could move to the Crociati.
He told Parmalive (via Football Italia), “There have been no negotiations, the player does like Parma but there are no margins for his transfer."
Contratto also mentioned that the Nerazzurri do not plan to move the player in this window, stating, “Inter have not told me anything, but I don’t think they want to see Obi leave."
Inter have moved to sign one of the brightest young goalkeepers in Italy with a one-year loan for Luca Maniero from Padova.
The Nerazzurri will have a co-ownership option and the 18-year-old will initially play with the Primavera side.
Maniero is already an Italy under-17 international and has been capped at that level twice.
Luca Castellazzi and Juan Pablo Carrizo are the back-up options to Samir Handanovic currently, but Walter Mazzarri will surely include young Maniero in the first team squad at some point this season.
Ezequiel Schelotto has had a short-lived spell with Inter, only joining the Nerazzurri in January, but it looks set to come to an end already.
The Argentine-born Italian international has not entered Mazzarri's plans for his new-look Inter and has been frozen out of the club's preseason schedule.
One would have thought that Schelotto's effectiveness from the wing would be perfect in a Mazzarri system, in a similar vain to Christian Maggio, but it is not to be.
Even if his time at the club is short lived, there will always be a fondness from Interistas towards the player after his equalizing goal in the Derby della Madonnina last season.
Zdravko Kuzmanovic may yet depart Inter before the transfer window shuts, with his representative Marko Naletilic revealing that the player would be keen to consider a move back to the Bundesliga, where he featured so prominently for Stuttgart, or the Premier League.
Naletilic spoke to FCInternews.it (via talkSPORT), "If we get a good proposal from England or Germany we will take this into consideration together with Inter."
West Ham had been linked with the player earlier in the summer and Kuzmanovic would certainly feature more prominently with the Hammers.
The Serbian international has failed to establish himself with the Nerazzurri, despite starting in the weekend opener against Genoa on Sunday.
The 25-year-old featured as a right midfielder earlier in his career, but has recently been converted into a dynamic centre-midfielder.
Cristian Chivu will not leave Inter this summer, his representative Victor Becali has revealed.
The Romanian international has been in negotiations with the Nerazzurri to rescind his contract with the 32-year-old not entering into Mazzarri's plans.
But a recent foot operation seemingly ending any interest from other clubs, Becali has stated that his client will remain with Inter.
"Chivu won't retire, he will continue to play his football in the shirt of Inter," he told calciomercato.it (via Football Italia).
With his contract winding down and the player on the sidelines for a significant period with injury, it seems likely that Chivu will leave now Inter on a free next summer.
Inter appear ready to bring Juan Iturbe to Italy from Porto and have begun talks with the Portuguese champions, according to Sky Italia (via Football Italia).
The Argentine, who has also featured internationally for Paraguay, moved to Porto from Cerro Porteno three years ago, but his career has yet to take off.
A loan spell at River last season did little to push things along and it now seems that the Dragoes will be prepared to sell the 20-year-old.
It is unclear as to where Iturbe would fit into the Inter squad, with the player's preferred role in an advanced wide area something that is not part of Mazzarri's 3-5-2 formation.
A withdrawn role off the striker would be the most likely outcome, offering some guile and creativity to the team.