Barcelona Transfer News and Rumours Tracker: Week of August 26
Only a few hours remain of Transfer Deadline Day!
There has lots of business being conducted elsewhere, but a distinct lack of transfer activity emerging from Camp Nou.
Let's take a look and see if there are to be any last minute purchases or outgoings.
LAST UPDATED: MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 2
Said King: 'The discussions never got beyond Arsenal asking whether Barcelona would be willing to enter into negotiations, as the answer was a categorical 'no'.'
Despite not having registered a senior appearance for the Blaugrana, the 17-year-old Buenacasa has been touted as similar in style to Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
The player was clearly delighted at the move having written on his twitter page: "I'm already a Juventus player! I’m very happy and enthusiastic to be part of this great club! I can’t wait to start training!”
The French international has played over 150 games for the Ligue 1 champions but fell out of favour following the signing of Marquinhos.
Barcelona supporters may be scratching their heads at their club's inability to secure the player for what appears to be a bargain fee, given their well-documented need for a centre-back.
Although John Drayton of the Daily Mail has previously reported that Gerardo Martino is no longer interested in signing the Denmark captain, Agger's words may force him to think again.
In general, you have to think of it as a positive thing. Regardless of what is being said or written, it’s a positive thing when someone thinks you do your job well.
When a club like Barcelona thinks that, it’s even better, and it’s made me happy. I won’t deny that, but [the deal] is a long way from being a reality unless something happens.”
I’m under contract with Liverpool for three years so, if the club want to keep me, they’ll keep me
It’s not something I can dictate or determine. This is the situation.
Llorente, who only joined Juve two months ago, is said to be struggling to adapt to life in Italy and a loan move to Barca before the transfer window closes is being mooted.
Sporting director Giuseppe Marotta has been quick to dismiss such a suggestion saying: "We believe in Llorente and we have no intention of selling him."
Inside Spanish Football report on how, just a few hours after it was agreed to terminate the player's contract, so he pitched up in Madrid. There may well be some head-scratching going on in Barcelona right now.
Barca originally signed the 22-year-old Femenia from Hercules for €2 million and they had high hopes for him.
However he hasn't lived up to expectations and a move suits all parties.
The player is likely to leave the Portuguese giants and the Hammers have been front-runners for his signature.
It seems that Sam Allardyce is about to be disappointed however as Barca look to make a £13 million move for the Paraguayan international.
With Barcelona well covered in the wide areas up front, Gerardo Martino could be set to let another youngster leave on a season-long loan.
Cuenca spent last season on loan at Ajax and with seemingly no quick route into the Barca first team at this juncture, the player has already been advised by Martino that he would be willing to sanction another loan deal.
Juan Camilo Zuniga
Highly rated Colombian Juan Camilo Zuniga will not be signing for Barcelona—until 2014 at least.
According to Sky Italy (h/t Tancredi Palmeri), "Barcelona talked with Zuniga's agent re possible move there in 2014 when the Colombian will be free agent."
Moneybags Paris St. Germain have flexed their financial muscle again.
According to Marca, the French champions have made an astonishing €40 million bid for Pedro Rodriguez.
With Barcelona already well covered in that area—Alexis Sanchez and Cristian Tello providing the competition—Gerardo Martino may well see the opportunity to cash in on the player and use funds to buy a central defender.
Rodriguez, aware of the bid, said: "I am only thinking about succeeding in Barcelona, but it is a point of pride that other clubs have taken notice."
Although both Liverpool and Agger have denied a move will happen, Barcelona are preparing a £10 million bid for a player they believe can be the long-term successor to captain Carles Puyol.
Are we to assume the Belgian is Agger's natural replacement?
A bid of £40 million is believed to be forthcoming from the Premier League champions which will really test Barca and Fabregas' resolve.
Law goes further by noting that, privately, Fabregas fears he will still not start the bigger games, and rates United's hopes of signing him as slim but not yet dead.
Mangala has been consistently linked with Chelsea, however, the London club has not firmed up their interest.
Their refusal to sell David Luiz to Barca has seen the latter turn their attention to a player who has all the attributes required to be a success at the heart of the Catalans' defence.
A fee of £40 million is being suggested for the player who is still only 22 years of age.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!